The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anywhere else I can put my expansion bottle??

Jim_1979

I have a Blitz FMIC and after a bit of hunting and asking on here, I found that my expansion bottle is actually mounted underneath my drivers headlight.

I don't really like it there tbh as you can't get access to it without moving the headlight.

Are there any other options? Are there smaller aftermarket ones?

Can you put them anywhere in the engine bay, or do they need to be in a specific place?

thanks!

I have a Blitz FMIC and after a bit of hunting and asking on here, I found that my expansion bottle is actually mounted underneath my drivers headlight.

I don't really like it there tbh as you can't get access to it without moving the headlight.

Are there any other options? Are there smaller aftermarket ones?

Can you put them anywhere in the engine bay, or do they need to be in a specific place?

thanks!

I have the same problem!

This expansion bottle thing, i can't remember exactly as i'm nowhere near the car but, what does it actually do? It seems to me like an overflow bottle but i can't picture the coolant going back into the rad. Maybe i have the wrong one but when the pressure drops does it suck the fluid back in?

Mine certainly isn't fed in by gravity, the cap on the top connects to the rad and there is also a pipe for when it really overflows. I'm guessing when the pressure rises some of the coolant goes into the overflow, when the pressure drops this causes the fluid to be sucked back in?

That right?

Oh, mine is next to the battery, its shaped along the metal bit that the battery sits against (if that helps)