The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wow what a difference!!!!

chris burford

Hi team,

Just had all my wishbones changed, upper arms drop links anti roll bar bushes the lot done full 4 wheel allignment and a new bonnet release cable lol, i simply cannot believe the difference it has made its as though the car has only done 40k again the steering is so precise again no tramlining it goes where you point it i am well happy love the soop allover again something i can well recommend to any body who has a higher mileage soop to have theres checked out and see if yours need changing. Oh and the bonnet now opens and shuts again properly lol £30 for a whole new cable worth changing before you have to like i did in my oppinion. :D

cheers chris

Ps a thank you to chris wilson for supplying those upper arms cheers mate although you probably wont remember it was that long ago.;)

Something i would love to do but is it not silly money?

I can say it is not cheap but you really need to establish if you really need to have it all done like i did you see mines 14 years old with 153k on the clock the main reason i had mine done was because i couldnt have it alligned probably as all the allignment bolts were just solid blobs of rust and the bushes were completely shot.

Ahh i see. Good to see the old girl going strong!

Mine is a 96 and feels ok. Its just something that bothers me because i don't know how the previous owners have treated the car IYSWIM. I would love to have a limitless wallet, i would probably replace everything lol.

Ahh i see. Good to see the old girl going strong!

Mine is a 96 and feels ok. Its just something that bothers me because i don't know how the previous owners have treated the car IYSWIM. I would love to have a limitless wallet, i would probably replace everything lol.

If it feels ok to you and you have no probs getting it alligned then i would say leave it alone the car will deffo let you know when they need changing i found i was fighting the car and was not at all enjoyable to drive especially on uneven road surfaces.

Chris

If you don't mine me asking how much are you talking for this sort of job?

HI rob your talking about 1200 for parts but as i said you can get them off somebody like nic and save a hell of a lot then you need to add however much your most trusted/reliable mechanic will charge for labour. Nic will even email you a complete list of parts prices unfortunately i couldnt get them from nic because of the time window i was working to.

Chris

Nice one Chris :thumbs:

It made a huge difference to mine too, everything felt so tight and precise again, traction and ride quality were also far better. The best money I have spent on my car in 8 years of ownership.

If anyone wants a price list for all the suspension components, drop me an email to the address below in my sig.

Nice one Chris :thumbs:

It made a huge difference to mine too, everything felt so tight and precise again, traction and ride quality were also far better. The best money I have spent on my car in 8 years of ownership.

If anyone wants a price list for all the suspension components, drop me an email to the address below in my sig.

Cheers Nic woul have loved to of got the parts from you but didnt have the spare cash and enough time come along at the same time.

Perks of the armed forces lol.

Chris