The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this too good to be true

Guest francisjoss

Guest francisjoss

Hi,

Just looking abit of advice finally getting round to getting my supra, went and looked at this one last night,

It is a silver 95 3.0 TT (auto) has 143,000 km on the clock, and is totally standard

Full Toyota service history since its import in 98, and last June had a full engine rebuild by Toyota costing 1700 has only done 10k since rebuild, Also all the receipts for any parts bought.

She has no Mot but the seller has said he will put her through the MOT, only thing it needs is new pads and disc but he has also said could change those too.

Body work is spotless with no rust spots only a few spots under the bonnet and underneath on the intercooler. The engine started first time and runs very quietly

Small amount of smoke when first started but went away when the engine was revved. He is a trade seller who sells mostly jap imports and is only looking £4250

Seems too good to be true

Is this very cheap for an auto TT? and what questions should I be asking? or what should I look out for?

Thanks

supra.jpg

Guest francisjoss

I have never had an automatic before or a rear whell drive at that, anything i should look out for when test driving an automatic

I have never had an automatic before or a rear whell drive at that, anything i should look out for when test driving an automatic

Yep, pressing the brake with your left foot can cause you to hit your head on the steering wheel, remember to only use your right one :)

Otherwise not really, have a read up on here about the auto modes, test you can change manually OK, check kickdown, OD on and off and just generally make sure it's responsive when you accelerate. The Supra auto is quite responsive, it if feels like the revs are rising but the car isn't accerating there could be an issue.

and last June had a full engine rebuild by Toyota costing 1700

Thats rubbish, a full rebuild would be more than double that from toyota, i brought a short block from them and with discount supply only was more than that.

Saying that the car is priced well just get someone that knows what they are looking at to check the car over:)

Guest francisjoss
Thats rubbish, a full rebuild would be more than double that from toyota, i brought a short block from them and with discount supply only was more than that.

:)

seen the reciept, what was done as far as i can remember was head gasket, crank shaft, cams, and timing belt think there were a few othe rthings so not a full rebuild my bad!!!

Edited by francisjoss (see edit history)

Guest francisjoss
Still not a bad price for all that work:)

i thought so....never seen so much history with a car fully stamped book, all reciepts even down to one for new headlight bulbs...going to take it for a drive as soon as the money is in my hand dealer wont let it out without the cash.....he has it parked beside 4 skylines an impreza and a camereo...supra still looks the best

Guest francisjoss
Seems very cheap to me. Have you HPI or Autocheck'd it?

Havent got to that stage yet but will def be doing that once the test drive is over

Hi,

Just looking abit of advice finally getting round to getting my supra, went and looked at this one last night,

It is a silver 95 3.0 TT (auto) has 143,000 km on the clock, and is totally standard

Full Toyota service history since its import in 98, and last June had a full engine rebuild by Toyota costing 1700 has only done 10k since rebuild, Also all the receipts for any parts bought.

She has no Mot but the seller has said he will put her through the MOT, only thing it needs is new pads and disc but he has also said could change those too.

Body work is spotless with no rust spots only a few spots under the bonnet and underneath on the intercooler. The engine started first time and runs very quietly

Small amount of smoke when first started but went away when the engine was revved. He is a trade seller who sells mostly jap imports and is only looking £4250

Seems too good to be true

Is this very cheap for an auto TT? and what questions should I be asking? or what should I look out for?

Thanks

Hi and welcome...