carl0s

Mechanic from across the road:

"Is that a 4wd Supra"

Me:

"No mate, they don't make a 4wd one".

Him:

"Yes they do. I was at RRG in Stockport the other day. I was in one."

Me:

"Nah mate. It was probably a Celica GT-4 or something. They didn't make a 4wd Supra."

Him:

"I was in it the other day. I'll bet you my house, my car, everything."

Me:

"You don't want to do that. Honestly they don't. They don't even make the Supra any more. This one's a grey import. They stopped selling them over here in 1996".

Him:

"No. It was a new one. 4wd." blah. blah.

:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
there are a few 4WD Supras and Soarers out there... a Russian guy drags one, and makes them for customers. using Getrag kit from the Skyline.

That's interesting to know, but there definitely wouldn't be any at my local Toyota dealership!

Erm, dude funnily i was having the same debate with someone referring to i think the same car. i actually do think now somebody might have done a 4wd conversion to a sup but because i havent seen it, i dont believe it.

No, you're all missing the point. He asked if mine was a 4wd one, as though the 4wd was a standard model/version, and then argued when I said Toyota didn't made a 4wd Supra.

All this talk about what some dude half a light year away has done is interesting but totally irrelevant. Sorry for sounding blunt ;)

• 1 month later...

So, Toyota ever make a 4x4 one as I was speaking to a mate who is into his Skylines (has an r33 gtr with 500bhp that he's built himself, including all the oil coolers ect ect) and he mentioned to me that they made a very limited number of 4x4 supras from the factory. Is that right or has he got things wrong as he said he'd also seen one for sale recently????

So, Toyota ever make a 4x4 one as I was speaking to a mate who is into his Skylines (has an r33 gtr with 500bhp that he's built himself, including all the oil coolers ect ect) and he mentioned to me that they made a very limited number of 4x4 supras from the factory. Is that right or has he got things wrong as he said he'd also seen one for sale recently????

He even did the oil coolers etc etc, now that's impressive, for me bhp, turbos, built engines mean nothing, it's all about the oil coolers etc etc :D

he's been smoking too much of the whacky backy;)

NO hes a fabricator and he not only rebuilt the engine up to the spec it is now himself, he also built the intercoolers, oil coolers for the engine and drivetrain (the rear axle, word escapes me) ect ect ect. He does alot of work for people with these kinda cars so kinda sees a few different things go through.

After looking at swampys links he might have just got confused with the Aristo, however, HAS anyone, with a link to a page or something, made a 4x4 supra, and did it actualy handle?