The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A SUPRA REAR Wishbone Bushes??

Guest khalidmahomed

Guest khalidmahomed

Hi Everyone!!

In a bit of a dilema!! = went for an MOT today and my Supra failed on: Play from the rear wheel.

The guy said i needed new REAR OFFSIDE WISHBONE BUSHES...???

TOYOTA SAY THEY DONT COME SEPARATLY SO NEED A NEW ARM - THATS AROUND £350!!!

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ON WHAT I COULD DO OR WHERE TO LOOK FOR A MUCH CHEAPER OPTION?? REALLY CANT AFFORD THAT MUCH AS I ALSO NEED REAR DISCS/PADS ETC...

There's no need to SHOUT. Posting in capitals is difficult to read and should be avoided if pos.

There is also no need to open multiple threads about the same question, if you've waiting a couple of days and no one has replied a simple bump at the bottom of the original thread will suffice.

Bush replacement is difficult and many respected club traders will recommend you just replace the arms rather than some (more than likely) inferior bushes. Also going for poly bushes etc will make your ride harder so consider this.

The Supra is generally quite cheap to maintain, but do remember it's still a fairly rare and expensive car so parts aren't always easy to get or cheap.

What other answer do you want? In the previous thread you have been given three options and i don't understand why you didn't just continue with that thread...

1)Buy a new arm complete with new bushes from nic or toyota (most expensive)

2)Replace the bushes with aftermarket bushes (difficult)

3)Buy a used control arm in decent condition from someone off of here (cheapest, and will get you through your MOT in time)

Or sprinkle some magic dust on it to make it better