The mkiv Supra Owners Club

visible big twin turbos

L33

ive seen pics of supras with big twin turbos but there highly visible and have a induction cone off each?

what turbos are these? how much roughly is it to do the job nd how tricky is it to do? (obviously its a big job and i wouldnt dream of it my self)

thinking of going down the route of bigger twins but looks the mutts nuts where there up on top like that rather than just changing the current turbos with hybrids

ive just ordered full bpu, and already had my intercooler and boost gauge fitted! so im getting there slowly and just wondering which direction to head towards next! not bad considering ive only owned her about 5 months!

ive just ordered full bpu, and already had my intercooler and boost gauge fitted! so im getting there slowly and just wondering which direction to head towards next! not bad considering ive only owned her about 5 months!

Always nice to stop better and maybe hugg the road a bit more tightly?

Will give you a call during the week mate.

get yourself a cool 10k saved and ready as a little buffer before you start ;)

big twins will give you a slight advantage lower down, but in my opinion its more for looks than anything else

is that right i thought it would be the same as they are not sequential

Always nice to stop better and maybe hugg the road a bit more tightly?

Will give you a call during the week mate.

that dont actually sound to bad a idea! cant increase power with out stopping! even good brakes cost like £1500!!!

wouldnt mind a cage either!

this is what really annoys me is what to do first! want to do every thing but it always feel like a mad panic? not alone on this surely?

past few months i have been buyin parts and putting stuff on! just cant stop and really want to go 4 it!

past 3 months ive had a new rad, altonator tensioner, break pads as a wear and tear repair, then i had a boost gauge, and fmic fitted, ive ordered all my bpu and have bought all the left engine side crome pipes from tricky ricky.

was going to bling up engine thats y i bought the pipes now i want power so ordered bpu as well, im already planning on what to do next month, its like i dont stp thinking and shopping? think im going mad?

that dont actually sound to bad a idea! can increase power with out stopping! even good brakes cost like £1500!!!

wouldnt mind a cage either!

this is what really annoys me is what to do first! want to do every thing but it always feel like a mad panic? not alone on this surely?

past few months i have been buyin parts and putting stuff on! just cant stop and really want to go 4 it!

past 3 months ive had a new rad, altonator tensioner, break pads as a wear and tear repair, then i had a boost gauge, and fmic fitted, ive ordered all my bpu and have bought all the left engine side crome pipes from tricky ricky.

was going to bling up engine thats y i bought the pipes now i want power so ordered bpu as well, im already planning on what to do next month, its like i dont stp thinking and shopping? think im going mad?

i know where your coming from:D

is that right i thought it would be the same as they are not sequential

there are many advantages and dissadvantages of both, space being a major one to start with, as well as intangibles like the WOW factor twins gives. A large top end figure would be better suited to a large single in my opinion, generally as turbos increase in size they become more efficient, reasons being, lower internal back pressure, improved wheel to housing clearances and better flow rate to wall friction ratios for both compressor and turbine sides...the biggest problem being inertia but I wont go into this right now

All things being equal, the bottom line is bigger turbos as we all know spool slower then smaller units so the twins would be up to speed quicker that a similar power output single

Just having a think about this. Would it be possible to custom make a downpipe, intake etc etc etc to have the supra tubby's positioned the same without any of the usual single hassles etc?

Not sure what you mean? Same twin sequential setup but bigger turbo's? Thats alot of custom work and a nightmare for any ecu and mapper i would think.