The mkiv Supra Owners Club

im confussed

Guest giffy1988

Guest giffy1988

hi all, im 19 and have been looking at many 3.0L N/A supras but after seeing the spec of a supra TT i cant help but wonder if i should be changing my choice.

insurance is the main key as im 19 and 1 accident on my policy the N/A supra was always the only one i could have... but what insurace group is it? i know the TT is a group 19.

ive been quoted 317 a month for a N/A but as i used to own a 2.0 GTi golf i was always wishing i had the 1.8T and dont want to find myself in this position again :rolleyes:

cheers Dan

Guest giffy1988

317 a month is alot but there is a crash, plus my golf was 250 a month so its only £70 more.

how can u tell a uk spec TT from annother??

cheers for the replys BTW guys

Yes, you should change your choice of motor. 317 quid a month is ridiculous.

That is an insurance company's way of saying "we don't really want to insure you on this, but if you have a lot of money, we'll quite happily take it off you" :p I'm nearly 27, and I'm not prepared to fork out even a quarter of that to be insured on any car, let alone a Supra.

You could get a brand spanking new 08 or 58 plate car on finance for that sort of money, AND probably have enough left over to go toward the insurance.

It might be time to accept defeat and realise that a Supra is just a little out of bounds for the time being. Take into account your fuel and (God forbid) repair costs, and the amount of money you're looking at will be eye-watering :blink:

Unfortunately it is just a sign of how this country is imploding. Salaries are stagnant, but costs are increasing at a ferocious rate.

£300 a month for the sake of an n/a? where as he could save your money and get a newer and faster n/a jap car... I take nothing back:tongue:

he could save the money and get a TT you mean, or a single :D

but no, you had to tell him to get a 350:taped:

I payed £174 a month when i was 19 and that was a killer never again!

They are a nice car but not worth that sort of money. What you willing to pay is just crazy talk about throw your money away!

Im 21 next month and with the TT conversion and all my mods its still less than what i was paying when i was 19.

Edited by dibbleyuk (see edit history)

Wise words. Is it really worth it?

I took my supra off the road last winter and the amount of extra cash i had was crazy i have been able to do so much more just general things you dont relise you miss like going out drinking with your mates, dinner out with the mrs all them things i was struggling to do running the supra, It really can take over your life and if your young they cost even more to run due to the extra insurance cost and normally us younger lads dont earn quite as much.

Im putting it back on the road next month now im 21 and only using it at weekends but since last year im earning alot more money and my mrs now has a good job so together we can afford it.

Think long and hard about it, its not always worth it and you may well regret it.

I paid £3200 for the first year of my Alfa GTV.

If you've got that amount of spare cash (wish I did now!) and you're really into the idea of having a particular car, then I guess you're gonna do it.

I pay £600 to cover the Supra & the Civic (coming tomorrow!) now, so it's all getting back to normal now :)