The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon Prop Shaft

Jellybean

Does anybody have one of these fitted, just taught it would be a good option to try and negate the loss of power first rather than increasing the output with a bigger turbo to overcome the loss

Think Torqline makes one for the Supra remember reading it in one of the mags before

You can do as a matter of interest Darryl, cheers. I reckon if I ever get to carbon propshafts though the car will be nothing more than a shell :D

Thats just it, imo the carbon prop is for when you have no more weight left to remove, just before going on the laxative diet for 6 months!

Found this on Sumo's site

CTG Ltd & Sumo Power have combined forces on the new Sumo R33GTR drag weapon 'Fuujin'. Thanks to CTG the R33 now sports a CTG TORQline carbon fibre propshaft saving the project a whopping 7.7kgs over the stock shaft.

Gives a ballpark of what can be saved from a Supe

• 9 months later...
Surprised Jamie has not seen one of those :D

Old thread:D thinking of getting ones of these props as when mine let go on the red car it did a lot of damage to the car.

Had a look around on Supraforum and prop failure seems pretty common.

Who sells these carbon ones?

twisted prop.jpg

Old thread:D thinking of getting ones of these props as when mine let go on the red car it did a lot of damage to the car.

holy moly, surely theres something else going on there than just the prop being twisted like that due to power, wouldn't there have to be a mechanical failure of the engine or dif to cause that

Titan do carbon prop shafts http://www.titanmotorsports.com/tmscuscarfib.html $1800

They are much lighter than stock so would also take some weight off the drive train

holy moly, surely theres something else going on there than just the prop being twisted like that due to power, wouldn't there have to be a mechanical failure of the engine or dif to cause that

Seems not bud, i have just got a similar wheel and tyre setup to him and dont want to be doing the same to my prop at suprapod.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535365

Seems not bud, i have just got a similar wheel and tyre setup to him and dont want to be doing the same to my prop at suprapod.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535365

worrying, i'll stick with the auto :eyebrows:

Remember the prop isn't just a weight item, it has rotational mass which being 5kg lighter will make a fair difference :)

good point, loosing rotational mass will improove throttle response, in my 2 stroke tuning days shaving fly wheels etc made a massive difference