The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Aussie Member

uestlove

Hey guys,

Doing some research and always reverts back to this site, so might aswell join!

I have a 96 Series 2 TT RZ. This is my 3rd Supra, first I started off with an NA about 6 years ago, then I had a 97 TT RZ and now this one.

So far, i have Tein SS, full exhaust, de-cat & TRD Cat back, Defi Boost Gauge, Wed Sports rims. I have a boost spiking issue tho, peaks at 1.8 bar!

Here is a pic

Welcome fella this site certainly does have some knowledgable members.

Nice place, Oz went once to mission beach in Queensland. Absolutley beautiful place, would love to go back again one day. One of the things that made it so great and interesting (the wildlife) also made it damn scary for a brit though. Most we have to deal with is foxes and a few hedgehogs, but with crocs, jellyfish, spiders, snakes etc etc i felt like i was constantly checking everything for danger. Fantastic place though, and great empty roads to drive on too !!!

also if you were to floor it from say 5000rpm on, will it still spike then or does it just spike on the changeover between turbo's? from lower revs? if so its sounds very similar to a problem I had, I was peaking at 1.5bar with both cats in but only when putting my foot down from low revs, but if I floored it when the 2nd turbo was in rev range it never spiked.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, we found out that the owner in Japan tampered with the wastegates hence the crazy spike, fixed it, but it still spiked.

Got an HKS EVC 6, didnt help, then i put a power FC in, got it tune today and made 280rwkw because its still spiking to 20psi....

Now its maxing the stock 440 injectors out, making it run lean. Is there a link where i can get the ring?

Also my mods are:

Full 3" exhaust, Dump Pipe, Metal High Flow Cat, Trust Intercooler, Trust Cat Back.

Thanks!

Thanks. Yea, problem is, car runs lean, AFR at around 12.8, not healthy, especially as I want to track teh car. I think the only solution is the restrictor ring????

Will i loose much power with one on? Anyone have a picture of it?

Fizzle, Im in Sydney, bout 5 mins from the airport.

BTW lads, ive been a member for a few months now and have done a bit more work to my car hehe.

Full Scale TRD Dash

Thanks. Yea, problem is, car runs lean, AFR at around 12.8, not healthy, especially as I want to track teh car. I think the only solution is the restrictor ring????

Will i loose much power with one on? Anyone have a picture of it?

Fizzle, Im in Sydney, bout 5 mins from the airport.

BTW lads, ive been a member for a few months now and have done a bit more work to my car hehe.

Full Scale TRD Dash

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3238/2856396876_065a0f78d1_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3206/2973274805_4095ec40cb_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3009/2973272019_9e9d51c2b1_b.jpg

Where did you get the facelift dials from as I have been looking for these forever!!