The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clear lens group buy (headlight)

suprattgaz

Hi all,

It is looking more likely that I will be doing another run of these lenses due to popular demand. I almost have go-ahead from admin, so will soon be starting a group buy. See below for information on last run.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=131308&highlight=clear+lenses

Quite a few members have received and fitted these now, so all rumours/questions on MOT etc. are now solved (in that they DO pass MOT).

Also found out since last run that if you refurb yellowed lights by simply polishing them, they soon return back to yellowed condition (3 months or so). So with these you have new material and don't need to keep pulling lights apart and polishing them.

This is really just a heads up, and I guess to see how much interest there really is on another run?

Many thanks,

Gary

Edited by suprattgaz (see edit history)

What's happening with this? Is it still a goer?

Yep, following a PM from Gaz this is very much on if there are enough people to commit. It's been okay'd by the mods.

Im interested,

Just a quick question without starting a new thread, One of the silver rings in my headlights have a chip/crack, Can i rotate this so its on the bottom side of the headlight? or are the rings part of the headlight and cant be moved?

No, you cannot rotate them, the chrome section is part of the lamp backing so if it's flaking you'll need to repaint the chrome bit. I've done it before and using some Halfords "chrome" paint works well, but obviously the finish isn't as good as the OEM one. With the black back paint you wouldn't notice it much.

I've just read through the install guide, does it mean there will be some screw heads that will be visible from the outside (all be it sprayed black so they aren't as noticable)?

Yup :)

Thats the only thing putting me off. Surely there must be some sort of clear sealant that could be used.

Im interested,

Just a quick question without starting a new thread, One of the silver rings in my headlights have a chip/crack, Can i rotate this so its on the bottom side of the headlight? or are the rings part of the headlight and cant be moved?

Thay are solid forming, not rotatable. Can paint and fix once removed though.

Yup :)

Thats the only thing putting me off. Surely there must be some sort of clear sealant that could be used.

Nope, read through again. Once finished you use a small amount of car filler to cover over the heads, and then sand back, mask and spray. You see nothing but clear lens and a smooth black outer (you can see the screws with filler in the last couple of pictures).

I will start a GB thread in the for sale section soon.

Nope, read through again. Once finished you use a small amount of car filler to cover over the heads, and then sand back, mask and spray. You see nothing but clear lens and a smooth black outer (you can see the screws with filler in the last couple of pictures).

I will start a GB thread in the for sale section soon.

Thanks for answering that, I'm in :)