The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from SXOC (200sx) Thinking about buying a supra

Lurch

Hello I have been looking at supras lately and I think I'm gonna have to get one. I've seen a few about. I've seen a nice one for sale but its an auto and I want a manual. Are they hard to convert, do the boxes cost much? (I heard they were expensive) Would it be a good idea to get a cheap manual and swap the boxes over, as the supra I'm looking to buy has a single turbo conversion and high in the bhp compartment? Cheers Any advise is welcome. I've got depending on what my 200 sells for 10 - 12k to spend :)

:welcome:

Converting to manual with cost £2-£2.5k for parts. Jezz who is a trader on here does it fully fitted for £3k.

Big BHP though an autobox is not a good thing, unless it has an after market uprated auto box. If you start going over 500BHP then you are more than likely going to be on borrowed time depending how hard you drive the car.

Cheers fellas. Yea that is veilside full kit (just missing the middle part of the spoiler) and they're ultralite alloys! Yea I have been looking in the for sale section. I'm really after a single turbo'd 500bhp one. But I dont think I'm going to get one in my price range.

Welcome mate. You'll like it on here :)

Just don't VS your Supra or you'll never hear the end of it! A manual one is a good idea unless the box has been played with although the Auto is quicker lower down the power band due to the quick changes.

What does everyone think about this one... *Edit - just realised its an auto DOH* Are the engines bomb proof at that standard of tuning on the stock bottom end?

Cheers mate. I dont wanna offend anyone but I'm not too keen on the veilside for the supra anyway. I'm not that keen on it on my car. I think the only reason it looks ok on my car is because of the colour. I've seen my car with that kit in red and I think it looks wrong!

Edited by Lurch (see edit history)

Welcome to the club :)

Please don't do that to your Supra :taped:

500bhp is a reliable power figure for a Supra and will see you with a quick spooling single setup - have a look at Wez's car for an idea of spec required.

Also, you can get around 400bhp out of the standard turbos with not a lot done - Supra's feel very quick like this beause of the huge spread of torque from lowdown in rpm - a very contrasting drive to a tuned 2.0 litre 4-pot.

Cheers,

Brian.

welcome, any reason why you don't have the blade on your spoiler?

Lol, because the bloke I bought the car from was ment to send it to me but never did. 2 years later and I still haven't bought a new one.

Welcome to the club :)

Please don't do that to your Supra :taped:

500bhp is a reliable power figure for a Supra and will see you with a quick spooling single setup - have a look at Wez's car for an idea of spec required.

Also, you can get around 400bhp out of the standard turbos with not a lot done - Supra's feel very quick like this beause of the huge spread of torque from lowdown in rpm - a very contrasting drive to a tuned 2.0 litre 4-pot.

Cheers,

Brian.

Cheers pal. I've always wanted a supra and thought it'd be best to get one all ready tuned to 500bhp to save a bit of money. Dont worry, I wont. The only thing I may do is have another Kandy paint job, maybe the light gold though.

nice sx :)

Thanks mate