The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance

Guest Jay_01

Guest Jay_01

Hi

Joined today because hopefully if it all comes to plan i will be getting a supra soon.

Only problem is that im going to have to wait untill im 19 (6 weeks away) to have any hope of insuring the car. This is also around the time when i will have 1 years driving experince but no ncb.

The car im looking at is a N/A auto.

Any suggestions that would help me in getting this insured would be most appreciated.

Thanks

:welcome:

As for advice in affording insurance, I would start saving as you are probably looking at premiums of £2k+. With prices of N/A supras right now you may actually find that your insurance is more than the cost of buying the car.

Have you actually got any quotes yet to see what it is likely to be?

Guest Jay_01

To be quite honest im willing to pay up to around 2500 but this still isnt going to be fully comp cover :(

Well i was recommended off the bloke who owns the car im looking at to check with sky insurance but they havnt got back to me yet.

I just hope its nothing much over this figure or else my dreams will be shattered!

i waited till i was 21 and put my moneys together and got a twin turbo. trust me at 19 your insurance will be high. you should have some ncb do get a decent price but without it and your young age i would be suprised if you find cover let alone its price. try some internet camparison sights and see how it goes. im still 21 and with 3 years ncb living in london im paying £2500 for the tt.

To be quite honest im willing to pay up to around 2500 but this still isnt going to be fully comp cover :(

You would need to be off your' rocker to pay that mate. That is a hell of a lot of money just to drive the thing, don't forget you have fuel bills, tax and general maintenance on top of all that.

Have you thought about running costs aswell?

It seems there are a few younger supra owners now than ever (including me). However out of these i wonder how many are looked after like they should be and not just the bare essentials carried out.

It's not just insurance, tax and mot you have to keep an eye on, but servicing and parts arn't the cheapest, and younger people tend to buy the cheapest tyres/brakes etc which are things that shouldn't be scrimped on with this kind of vehicle.

Also what is your budget for the car?