The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT engine on its way!!

Trig

I cant wait!!! :woot:

Went to see it yesterday, everything seemed fine with it so going to pick it up next week, then hopefully should be in and running within a few weeks! :cool:

Im assuming i have to let the DVLA know that im changing the engine?

nice one mate, got the single conversions ready for it aswell then? ;)

I wish mate! :D Gonna stick an RPS clutch in while ive got it out tho! Well have to meet up again soon and get some more pics and maybe that round of golf we chatted about!

ah you b*gger............not looking forward to the October track day now :D

:D Im looking forward to stretching its legs there, gonna be running the clutch etc in before i give it some :D

Nice one mate. I can't wait to finally get this done.

Are you using the N/A Gearbox ?

Yeah gonna be using the 5 Speed with an uprated clutch (RPS) and im only planning on going bpu so doubt ill need a 6 speed just yet.

as i'm new around here and buying a n/a shortly can someone tell me if you have to upgrade by buying a tt engine or can you turbo the existing engine ?does the existing engine need mods before turbo is fitted and are the drive ratios the same for both tt/na :search:
You can't convert an NA to TT, well not without spending an unrealistic amount. Nobody on here has ever done it.

You can convert an NA to single turbo but it's a bit half-arsed and I wouldn't seriously consider it. Best to sell the NA and buy a TT or, if you're really attached to your NA, convert it to TT by swapping the engine for a 2JZ-GTE like Trig is doing.