The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Colour change or not?

P 17EED

My car is going into the bodyshop soon, i had decided to have it blown over in standard silver with a silver glitter in the laquer just so its a little bit different but now im thinking as im painting it anyway should i just go for a candy blue or something like that?

Any ideas would be great, thank you.

Would choose anything other than silver buddy. It CAN look very very good but it takes a lot of work to make a silver car stand out IMO.

RSB is probably one of the rarer colours with a bit of dazzle. Black is the most popular colour but there are a lot more of them about than RSB.

How much for the blow over P17eed?

The garage that i work at has a bodyshop so im doing all the prep and supplying paint then someone is just gonna do it on the side for me, prob about £200.

Quite fancy candy blue but its quite a difficult thing to decide, dont wanna regret it!

I would only go for a candy if your car is a show car or is only used for fun as you would seriosuly struggle to repair paint damage otherwise.

Check out members garages, there are quite a few blues if that floats your boat. Blue does suit the supra though.

I will be honest, I think Orange has been over done with Supras, they look lovely and do stand out but there are lot out there. Candy Apple Red has also been done to death over the last few years, go to a big show and there is loads of cars in candy red, dont get me wrong they look lovely if done well. Why not try something different. I always knew what colour I wanted my car so was lucky, but having it re done again at the end of the year, will stick with the colour just a different shade. RSB is a lovely colour, depends if you want to stock colour or not. Could go with a good base colour and then add pearl or slight flake to the laquer, can get some amazing results. Have to say my fave paint ever on a Supe is the Purple Pearl on Shanes Jurgen sourced car. Seen in the flesh and its awesome, not to everyones taste as has a pinky pearl to it.

House of Kolor had a stand at Modified Nationals and they had some amazing paint, but its not cheap. Also take in account that some paints appear different colours under different light, in sunlight my car looks like RSB, when its cloudy it looks dark blue, under artifical light it goes deep cadburys purple.

Yes i was thinking along the same lines 'suprajames', thats one reason i thought candy blue, dont want a stock colour and also dont wanna break the bank on paint. Ur car looks lush, i want something to stand out like that but with out being over the top.

I will be honest, I think Orange has been over done with Supras, they look lovely and do stand out but there are lot out there.

Personally bright orange cars look disgusting and stick out like a sore thumb. Fast and the furious has a lot to answer for

Disgusting a well thats you off the xmas card list lol.

Fast and furious boosted the cars profile as well as its after sales value imho.

Cheers chris

Yes mate i agree with the boosting the cars profile can sales value, but personally i dont like the colour. Its just too bold and even with a body kit it doesnt pull it off for me.

These are the only 2 pics I can find and the colour is Lamborghini Grigio Avlon (code 0049).

Does it for me - and the RSP one in the background of pic 2 is looking sweet too :cool:

Umm now i like that, that looks really nice but so does the blue. to many colours!!!