The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sz's?

Guest Ozanne

Guest Ozanne

OK i was just more worried about cash and insurance for the time being as was goin to buy one and do it up myself i currently own a rx8 231ps which is lowered with sports suspension kit and full mazda speed sports exhast system and my insurance is 3k fully comp :innocent:

but thats worth 14k and is too much for me atm and not fast enough :p nor is it a big enough engine ha! also the stupidly complex ecu is a pain in the ass if u want to tune them so given up really old school is the new new school

OK i was just more worried about cash and insurance for the time being as was goin to buy one and do it up myself i currently own a rx8 231ps which is lowered with sports suspension kit and full mazda speed sports exhast system and my insurance is 3k fully comp :innocent:

but thats worth 14k and is too much for me atm and not fast enough :p nor is it a big enough engine ha! also the stupidly complex ecu is a pain in the ass if u want to tune them so given up really old school is the new new school

Okay, first thing, the ECU on a supra is pretty much off limits, you will require a piggyback or standalone ECU in order to modify it (yes it can be modified but it is serious money)

Secondly NA-T, do a search, most people opt for an engine change.

If you think 14k is a lot, once you start modifying a supra it will go rapidly... they aren't cheap

Guest Ozanne

but no i mean with the 8 there arent many mods for it as they are allready "factory tuned" shit tuning factory if u ask me lol

but i was hoping to go for something a bit cheaper then the 8 that i can mod over time and that i can race .. was originally goin to go for an rx7 but am split between that an a supra but from what ive seen supras are that much faster then most of the other "street racing" cars correct me if im wrong?

I bought an NA wen I was 21 and was really happy with it until I got beat by some hatchbacks.

I ended up keeping my car cos i loved it and was mint condition (being 200reg and all) now after 3 years its 670BHP but I paid the price!! I ended up havin to stick a twin turbo engine in it and then single turbo it. (over £10k)

tbh I dont know how you can get insured on a TT at 20.

Good luck though

Guest Ozanne

i work hard so i play hard (no homo lol) but yea love it i have expensive taste always have also a need for speed so why not what else do i spend my money on???

but no i mean with the 8 there arent many mods for it as they are allready "factory tuned" $#@! tuning factory if u ask me lol

but i was hoping to go for something a bit cheaper then the 8 that i can mod over time and that i can race .. was originally goin to go for an rx7 but am split between that an a supra but from what ive seen supras are that much faster then most of the other "street racing" cars correct me if im wrong?

Isnt an RX7 faster but with problematic engines and high running costs? Lighter chassis too makes for a fast car.

Guest Ozanne

rx7s are faster then supras? really? agreed they do have to have rebuilds every 100,000 miles if u look after them properly but obviously it depends on how udrive them as that can drop quite dramaticaly

rx7s are faster then supras? really? agreed they do have to have rebuilds every 100,000 miles if u look after them properly but obviously it depends on how udrive them as that can drop quite dramaticaly

Depends on the driver, conditions, location etc ;)

agreed but can someone clarify for me as i thought supras were faster then 7's????

In the world of modified cars every single one is different mate. Best thing to do is build one you know is quick. I know which I'd rather be in at 160+ MPH though ;)

ha see im still torn between the 7 and the supra :S doing my head in lol

Slower speed, the RX7 will be faster IMO but they are also very small. Very fun around a track.

High speed miles are a dream in the Supra, as are trackdays and the reliability.

So many people come on here asking which is better - my advice is to drive both and then decide. Both cars have their weak points and both have very strong points.

We all know the Supra looks better though ;)

Guest Ozanne

see i like both in the looks department and i would drive both but there arent any supras where i live and only a couple of 7's lots of skylines and scoobies tho