The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New install GT4094R DBB 1.06 A/R

gledo1970

Almost finished my winter project. Had ryan over for the first set up and some mapping on friday night. Having tried several single set ups over the last few years with mixed out comes. I was very happy with the super fast spooling gt3582r dbb but always wanted alittle more top end ;). anyway i went for the new garret gt4094r dbb. new fuel supply set up, injectors etc, a massive veilside copy manifold which took months of pulling hair out to sort out,fit and get flowed properly. all new ic,air intake piping,rewire,reworked manifold,tail v60 wastegate and 60mm dump pipe,full 4" dp mp and bl 4" exhaust,custom -16 jic breather system and catch tank.all new aeroquip piping, new spa electric fans and cowling, bigger oil cooler set up,battery relocation in boot,coolmist water injection, then some body work:( remove veilside rear spoiler and fit trd semi carbon spoiler and respray boot lid, fit and paint new veilside overfenders, full dash panels resprayed in ferrari grigio titanio effect new dials,all new gauges and a Pioneer AVIC-HD1BT DVD Player, Sat Nav double din system. new carrelli leather seats and loads of other little mods.

Anyway i booked ryan g to come and get the new set up running and start some mapping. I cant thank ryan enough ;). he gave up his saturday night to help finish of some wiring and start some road mapping. An electric fault meant when ryan turned up the car was far from ready but with the help of a few friends and ryan we soon got it together enough to start mapping,

the turbo has an exhaust a/r of 1.06 so i was expecting quiet abit of lag compared to the gt3582r but afther a sort time mapping we got 1bar of boost by 3500rpm in top which amazed me, mapping stopped due to a miss fire over 1bar which turned out to be the hks dli playing up and also the wideband giving the incorrect readings on boost now and then. So hopefully a few little jobs to sort out and then we can see what the gt4094r can really do,:eyebrows:

Here are a couple of pictures of the set up and i will get some better shots over the next few days of the engine bay etc.

check my garage for the cars full spec

A BIG thanks to ryan g, terry s, kyle @ Velocity Performance

and everbody else who i have bought parts from over the last year or so :

cheers guys... I've got a few more little jobs to do and some cleaning up under the bonnet yet but afther so many late nights im having a week off.. as for what hp we can get im not sure. I am hoping for around 700ish mark all going well. Ryan thinks may be 750 if we are really lucky. but the 4094r is abite of a unknown set up on the mkiv compared to the 4088r.. I was expecting alot more lag with it than we are getting so very happy already.

Very nice mate, will be interesting to see what the 4094r is like, spool sounds good, look forward to seeing a dyno graph:)

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!!

I've got a GT4094R going on my MR2 (3.4ltr) and I'm VERY interested to see how this performs.

Roll on ....

• 3 months later...

Just updating the thread.. Afther a number of small problems we got there.. To start of with we had a missfire which turned out to be a coilpack braking down and also a hks dli with a dry joint then the aem ecu packed up.so the car hasn't had much luck this summer... the input 5v signal for map sensor burnt out and was sending out 5 volts. not good..so afther chatting to different people and looking at either replacing like for like or (aem/apexi/hks etc) or go for the new solaris sg6 set up etc.. Anyway due to a wedding to pay for (lol) that put September out the plan sohad to wait till early October.So i rang ryan and orderd a new solaris and booking him for last thursday to get the new setup up and running.. Apart from a small problem with the Aem map sensor only reading to 10psi and now replaced with a new solaris sensor we got there... The new ecu is great..the car has never ran so smooth.. fuel,boost,air intake,egt are all spot on.no knock and the car pulls better than it ever has.. We took it down to surreyrolling road today to check the maps and see what sort of power we are making..Afther about an hour we got a very safe output of 631.3bhp at 1.5bar on road fuel and air intake temp going over 31oC and a safe rev/lmt of 7.2k.. on the road we were only seeing intake air temps of 9/10oC so left it there.. Ryan started setting the launch control and tractions control on the way back and he will finish these off when the roads are dry.. I will put the dyno sheets up tomorrow once i have scanned them..I am very happy with the new set up and cant wait to get the new built engine in and see what we can get then as this engine has seen and done alot of work from a t51r with hks ecu, poorly mapped t66 and gt35/82r and 10k with a poor reading wideband. The current engine was built almost 5years ago and done over 50k mile so is not in the best condition..

I would just like to thank ryan for all his hard work and if anybody wants a demo on the new solaris just drop me a pm..

Edited by gledo1970
adding lost text (see edit history)

Almost finished my winter project. Had ryan over for the first set up and some mapping on friday night. Having tried several single set ups over the last few years with mixed out comes. I was very happy with the super fast spooling gt3582r dbb but always wanted alittle more top end ;). anyway i went for the new garret gt4094r dbb. new fuel supply set up, injectors etc, a massive veilside copy manifold which took months of pulling hair out to sort out,fit and get flowed properly. all new ic,air intake piping,rewire,reworked manifold,tail v60 wastegate and 60mm dump pipe,full 4" dp mp and bl 4" exhaust,custom -16 jic breather system and catch tank.all new aeroquip piping, new spa electric fans and cowling, bigger oil cooler set up,battery relocation in boot,coolmist water injection, then some body work:( remove veilside rear spoiler and fit trd semi carbon spoiler and respray boot lid, fit and paint new veilside overfenders, full dash panels resprayed in ferrari grigio titanio effect new dials,all new gauges and a Pioneer AVIC-HD1BT DVD Player, Sat Nav double din system. new carrelli leather seats and loads of other little mods.

Anyway i booked ryan g to come and get the new set up running and start some mapping. I cant thank ryan enough ;). he gave up his saturday night to help finish of some wiring and start some road mapping. An electric fault meant when ryan turned up the car was far from ready but with the help of a few friends and ryan we soon got it together enough to start mapping,

the turbo has an exhaust a/r of 1.06 so i was expecting quiet abit of lag compared to the gt3582r but afther a sort time mapping we got 1bar of boost by 3500rpm in top which amazed me, mapping stopped due to a miss fire over 1bar which turned out to be the hks dli playing up and also the wideband giving the incorrect readings on boost now and then. So hopefully a few little jobs to sort out and then we can see what the gt4094r can really do,:eyebrows:

Here are a couple of pictures of the set up and i will get some better shots over the next few days of the engine bay etc.

check my garage for the cars full spec

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g157/gledo1970/DSC00137.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g157/gledo1970/DSC00140.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g157/gledo1970/DSC00170.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g157/gledo1970/DSC00174.jpg

A BIG thanks to ryan g, terry s, kyle @ Velocity Performance

and everbody else who i have bought parts from over the last year or so :

Just wondering, where did you get you're Strut Brace from Gledo?? :)

Here is the dyno pots from yesturday.I was more than happy with this output on the old engine at only 1.5bar and safe rev limit of 7.2k. Power was still rising but afther a long few weeks and toasting the rear R888's on the dyno that will do this year. Roll on the new engine and direct port nitrous in the new year..

Hey Matey, cracking car you have there, very tidy install indeed

(Cheers Wez... it was nice to meet you mate... give me a shout if you want a breather system knock up...)

Cheers jamie (Very nice power output and a stunning car you have there Steve.)

Just wondering, where did you get you're Strut Brace from Gledo?? It's a greddy one mate.. had it years know.. not sure were i got it from

On the plots it makes the car look laggy but just ask ryan how fast it spools on the road..very impressed with the new solaris and the launch/traction control works very well and it is not even fully set up yet ;)

Very impressive power you have there, though it's crying out for more boost and RPM :D

It looks like a laggy beast, but with a 6spd I guess you can counteract that with shifting anf serious rpm/traction control use :D

Nice to see people trying some seriously large turbo's here in the UK. It's not what most of us would want on their cars, but still good to see big power is achievable.

• 7 months later...