The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Black or Grey

JamesC

Hmm, car is going in for a respray next week so i was wondering whether to change my dash from the gloss black it is at the min to a nice Grey while the car is off the road. I saw a picture of someones dark grey dash on here a it looked really good and classy.

Here it is at the the min, i'm also hoping to get rid of the seperate screen and head unit in the future to tidy it up. Black or Grey???

Yeah i do really like it but the pic of the dark grey one looked really good too, i think his leather seats etc made it look better too though.

The car had some cheapy plastic rings on when i got it but took them off cos they looked shit, might have been because they were plastic though. Real ones might look better.

I would keep the black mate that looks sweeeeet1

Thanks man ;)

I have the plastic ones and they look great, well IMO they do lol.

There aren't any OEM metal ones as far as i know... could be wrong though. I have all metal bits over the aircon controls etc

The chromey stuff was coming off mine so they looked tacky, did someone not do a run of metal ones?

What about this for an idea? Its a silver/blue/grey metallic with a matt lacquer. Still looks good IMO :)

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u97/Walswebworld/SupraGZGarage07.jpg

Thats the dash i'm talking about!! Looks good!

Still not sure whether to change or not. :rolleyes:

Looks nice but not as nice as the black IMO. I wouldn't polish up the black as much as you can though, just give it a dust to keep the shine down ;) I think matt black is nice also but i prefer the gloss just cleaned without being gleaming.

Looks great as it is. If i were you i would get the carpet dyed black and get some leather seats to finish it off, thats what i am going for.

As for the metal rings, yeah i think there were some for sale but the chrome plastic ones were actual toyota ones. I can understand if the chrome was coming off it would look crap though. I have metal heater dial cover things, metal monkey heater dials, metal heater bezles and the dash rings plastic chrome.

Have a look at jevansio's for some ideas with the chrome. Think he has everything done lol.

Thats the dash i'm talking about!! Looks good!

Still not sure whether to change or not. :rolleyes:

Oh go on, you know you want to ;)

I could take another photo tomorrow if you like, from another angle?

Matt black, or even a matt 'darkish' blue (complimenting your seats) could look good also IMO. :)

Looks nice but not as nice as the black IMO. I wouldn't polish up the black as much as you can though, just give it a dust to keep the shine down ;) I think matt black is nice also but i prefer the gloss just cleaned without being gleaming.

Looks great as it is. If i were you i would get the carpet dyed black and get some leather seats to finish it off, thats what i am going for.

As for the metal rings, yeah i think there were some for sale but the chrome plastic ones were actual toyota ones. I can understand if the chrome was coming off it would look crap though. I have metal heater dial cover things, metal monkey heater dials, metal heater bezles and the dash rings plastic chrome.

Have a look at jevansio's for some ideas with the chrome. Think he has everything done lol.

Yeah i like the gloss black, i was going for piano black like in my old Audi :innocent:

You've got me thinkning about dying the carpet while its getting sprayed now you bugger :p

Oh go on, you know you want to ;)

I could take another photo tomorrow if you like, from another angle?

Matt black, or even a matt 'darkish' blue (complimenting your seats) could look good also IMO. :)

Yeah more photos would be good! Although if you donate your seats to me i could leave it Black ;):D

What the feck is that thing in your dbl din unit!?

Short Circuit :)

Wall*e

Eh?:blink:

Yeah more photos would be good! Although if you donate your seats to me i could leave it Black ;):D

Leather seats look great, and are very comfortable, but they're a bit too slippery for driving effectively in the twistys. If I could afford to get mine re-covered using 'alcantara'/leather combo, then I'd be really happy ;)

I'll take some more photos after work today and post them for you. :)

that colour looks great Andrew, works very well with the leather seats.

Well thank you. It was originally mixed to 'match' the colour that's in between the spokes of my wheels. I got the bodyshop to mix it slightly darker than that, and I think it works well IMO.

Pics as promised. With the flash on it looks very shiny and reflective, but without may not show the detail (out of focus). Some with the added bonus of Heckler's LED conversion too ;)

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u97/Walswebworld/AOWDashboard06.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u97/Walswebworld/AOWDashboard08.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u97/Walswebworld/AOWDashboard02.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u97/Walswebworld/AOWDashboard04.jpg

Hope that helps :)

Really nice mate, looks very smooth and won't get finger print marks on it like the gloss black! hmmm

Still undicided though :rolleyes:

Lol me too :D
d'oh
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_oops.gif
Like the look btw. :)

At least i'm not the only one :D