The mkiv Supra Owners Club

storing a supra

liam1

Disconnect the battery, inflate the tyres with a few more psi, empty the fuel tank as the fuel will go off in that period.

Also, if the garage is secure, then keep the car unlocked, in case the locks sieze, you can still get in easily.

Good advise on keeping the car unlocked if secure!

i usualy put the on axel stands stops the tyres perishing and change the oil and that old oil usualy has some sort of acids in and sludge can occure fresh oil cleans and stop corrosion

and wash and clean and wax it and give connectors a spray and cables with WD40

Guest Supra_Man_Sam

Hey man,

I would suggest removing the wheels and resting it on a set of axel struts to relieve any pressure and stop your tires gettin flat spots. Then (very important) fill your engine TO THE BRIM with oil, doing this will ensure that no part of your engine will rust and will be in perfect working order even after 8-10 yrs storage. However, make sure u drain it BEFORE starting the engine otherwise there will just be too much rpessure and it will blow-up.

Hope this helps,

Sam :)

Hey man,

I would suggest removing the wheels and resting it on a set of axel struts to relieve any pressure and stop your tires gettin flat spots. Then (very important) fill your engine TO THE BRIM with oil, doing this will ensure that no part of your engine will rust and will be in perfect working order even after 8-10 yrs storage. However, make sure u drain it BEFORE starting the engine otherwise there will just be too much rpessure and it will blow-up.

Hope this helps,

Great 1st post!

Hey man,

Hope this helps,

Wauw, thats sounds...interresting..

I'm guessing the quality of the oil isnt the most important thing in this case. How much oil would it take to fill the 2jz up, and how would you go about doing that (i mean to make sure its in everywhere?

would you just be able to drain it all out and then fill normally with a good oil?

Guest Supra_Man_Sam
Wauw, thats sounds...interresting..

I'm guessing the quality of the oil isnt the most important thing in this case. How much oil would it take to fill the 2jz up, and how would you go about doing that (i mean to make sure its in everywhere?

would you just be able to drain it all out and then fill normally with a good oil?

No oil quality doesn't matter at all, and literally just pop off ya filler cap and put it in where u normally would, as long as its as full as it can get u shud have no probs. And then simply drain it as if doin a normal oil change and stick some half decent stuff in = job done!

i am having similar thoughts as i can't face selling my car but don't want it to suffer from neglect either. added to the problem is that i am losing my underground parking space. thought about professional storage but they are exspensive. if i could just find a nice showroom to pay me to have it put it on display!!

maybe storing my supra in a garage for 12-24 months is there anthing i need to do before it goes off the road and is there any danger to storing a car or that lenght of time.

One big danger is your car will have 2years of depreciation so you will be losing money even if you haven't used it, at the rate petrol is rising at, your car, as well as all the rest of ours, may be worth buttons in 2years time, and cost a tenner to get to the shops!:p, its jumped 35p in the last 14months!