The mkiv Supra Owners Club

stripping it down for single build

123tom123tom

Started today and had a couple of hours stripping the car down few pics of how i got on.

first pic is of the car up on ramps, this was a pain not just a straight drive on(bricks to hire ride height to get the thing even near the ramps:)

2nd pic is of all bits that have been took off..

3rd pic is of whats left to do tomorrow maybe..

P1010087.jpg

P1010098.jpg

P1010099.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the hard work starts tomorrow :D

Good luck, make sure you have some heat and a few long extension bars for a couple of the bolts.

BTW, whats all the stuff on the cam covers?

what is hard to do the manifold bolts, i havent got no heat:rolleyes: am i in the crap now,

can one of you more technical people out there tell me... when going single what happen to all the electrics that arent used like the vsv's and the vac hoses that are highlighted in yellow, and what is the red arrow pipe....

red arrow = coolant hose, you need that :D

top yellow = no idea, doesn't look the same as my j-spec auto

bottom yellow = possibly the IAC intake which you replace with a baby K & N filter

dont worry about all the the hoses and connections the beauty of the single is its all redundant all you need is a reference hose for the wastegate/boost controller and a hose off the plenum for the BOV, the hard bit is getting the stock tubbys off the rest is plain sailing

what is hard to do the manifold bolts, i havent got no heat:rolleyes: am i in the crap now,

There are a couple of them that are real buggers to get to, heat isn't required, but it helps - patience helps too!

For the top yellow arrow, where does the pipe go to? Is it the charcoal canister? All of the vsv's, etc are removed with the single, so it's just a case of following where they go to :) This is the place to ask if you are not sure what to do.

There are a couple of them that are real buggers to get to, heat isn't required, but it helps - patience helps too!

For the top yellow arrow, where does the pipe go to? Is it the charcoal canister? All of the vsv's, etc are removed with the single, so it's just a case of following where they go to :) This is the place to ask if you are not sure what to do.

yes i think it does go to the charcole canister, there is a few little ones below that as well they went to the vac hard pipes on the top of the turbs...

so that coolant pipe with red arrow what do i do with it?

yes i think it does go to the charcole canister, there is a few little ones below that as well they went to the vac hard pipes on the top of the turbs...

so that coolant pipe with red arrow what do i do with it?

The vac pipes are no longer needed, their source points on the inlet manifold can be blanked or reused. The ones to the charcoal canister can also be ignored, unless you are planning on keeping it.

The coolant pipe need to have the line to the 2nd tubo blocked off, the main line should remain in place.

Is your new turbo water cooled? That will involve some changes to the water supply and retirn system...

how do i take the cablesw out then that come from the vsv's, dont they go in to the spark plug cover etc. do they just have a connector to disconnect...

at that side of the engine should i only have the 02 sensor, alternator, water pump connection left in.

the yellow arrow shows the vsv connection do i have to split it form the corrigated wire cover and follow it back

P1010090.jpg

thanks guys think am going to need al the luck i can get.. or just lots of help from on here ;) this is one of them things i have really wanted to do for a long time, not just a single conversion, getting my hands dirty and learning a lot in the process. it is one of my true love playing with cars and wish i had made it my career choice...:)