The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brake master cylinder stopper on UK spec

Guigsy

Got my brake master cylinder stopper through last week so after fitting a few extra shiny things to the engine today i went to put this on. I did it before on my NA without 2 much trouble so just a few mins work i thaught.

However my new car is a UK spec, and right where the stopper is supposed to sit i have some pump thingy and a few other brackets and cables and stuff. Im not sure what they are but they get in the way and i cant see how to move them!

At the moment it looks like i wont be able to fit it.

Any help would be nice.

Edit. Heres what im talking about. The red is a bracket that as far as i can see is just holding a wire. but i cant get to remove it because of whatever the green thing is.

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/2407/imgp0568jh8.jpg

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/6091/imgp0569le6.jpg

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

bin it mate, this has the be the most useless mod in the history of modding

your the first person ive heard say that. definitely made a difference to pedal feel to mine when i had one fitted. and no its not in my head before anyone pipes up - my mechanic agreed with me as did my mate so there :p

your the first person ive heard say that. definitely made a difference to pedal feel to mine when i had one fitted. and no its not in my head before anyone pipes up - my mechanic agreed with me as did my mate so there :p

:rlol: i feel reasonably qualified to talk about brakes on this forum, if you want a proper brake upgrade try these, BTW they cost just a little more than £20 off e-bay :D

brakes.jpg

car 080.jpg

:rlol: i feel reasonably qualified to talk about brakes on this forum, if you want a proper brake upgrade try these, BTW they cost just a little more than £20 off e-bay :D

ahh see now im not talking about brake ability, just pedal feel. in terms of stopping power it makes sweet fa of a difference. was going to write that earlier but got lazy lol. just improves the feel. at the end of the day if im going to hit a wall id rather do it feeling good :D

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hadyn, I thought the ally washer was to be used if you never had the OEM mounts. The red part has a hole in it which the stud fits into. I could be wrong though.

Kev I'm struggling to understand what you mean here? I might be being thick or something though???

I fitted the stud into the red thing's hole no probs :D