The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tanabe Touring Medallion and RS*R ExMag 2 exhausts

spartan

With thanks to Paul Whiffin for sourcing my new Tanabe Touring Medalion exhaust (came from the states - took a couple of weeks to arrive) and at a great price (free plug!), I was able to get it fitted yesterday. I took these pictures which I hope may be of interest.

This exhaust replaced my RS*R ExMag GT2 exhaust - which I loved - but was not quite so loved by the wife. In fact, I quite often found that the droning noise coming from the passenger seat, spoiled my enjoyment of the noise coming from the exhaust. ;)

IMG_0741 (Large).JPG

Img_0742 (Large).jpg

Img_0743 (Large).jpg

Img_0749 (Large).jpg

Img_0750 (Large).jpg

Edited by spartan (see edit history)

The exhaust is all in SUS304 stainless steel with polished centre and back boxes. The pipework (80mm) follows the left leg of the original OEM exhaust and is terminated by a 110mm tip (actually slightly larger than the RS*R).

The guys at my local HiQ fitted it for £20 cash and were very admiring, not of the quality of manufacture (which almost goes without saying - this exhaust is a work of art!) but of the quality of fitment - straight on, no messing, perfect fit.

As expected, this exhaust is significantly quieter than the RS*R but still sounds satisfyingly 'powerful' and Supra-like! :)

Img_0758 (Large).jpg

Img_0761 (Large).jpg

Img_0762 (Large).jpg

IMG_0765 (Large).JPG

IMG_0766 (Large).JPG

Edited by spartan (see edit history)

For the sake of completeness, here's some pictures of the old exhaust, after a rinse and a quick rub with the Autosol (no genie appeared unfortunately).

In amazingly good condition considering where it's been: some light surface rust to the flange/fittings (now treated with KuRust), the inevitable tar spots on the back box (now all gone) and one scratch along the bottom that must've made the previous owner clench his teeth but is purely cosmetic and not visible when fitted to the car (I had no idea it was there until I came to use the Autosol).

IMG_0771 (Large).JPG

IMG_0772 (Large).jpg

IMG_0777 (Large).JPG

IMG_0778 (Large).JPG

Img_0780 (Large).jpg

IMG_0753 (Large).JPG

Edited by spartan
Added a picture of the exhaust on the car before it was removed and cleaned (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, the RS*R is already sold (just got to work out how to get it from Yorkshire to South Wales in one piece) ...

I'll be in Sheffield next weekend and live near Worcester (about an hour from Cardiff), if that's any use to you I'm happy to help.

Cheers mate - that's very decent of you but I'm still a long way from Sheffield, unfortunately.

However, I'm going to take it down to Nottingham on Friday - one step closer I hope.

ok, well if you change your mind just drop me a PM before next weekend :thumbs: