The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is the thing in my boot??

Jim_1979

I've got a raised plastic thing near the seats in my boot.

My first assumption is some sort of subwoofer? If that's the case, my second question is, it doesn't actually do anything!!

Not a big issue as I'm fitting an infinity sub today. Is it possible to simply remove the sub (if that's what it is?)

yeh ditto , im noit sure if mine works , i have to investigate as to where all the wires go and check it out. although my sound systme is good enough for me with uprated speakers alone

I ended up wiring it into the left side rear speaker for the time being, not great but better until i can get my install in.

Guest blueangel

The standard sub and amp are useless if you have fitted a aftermarket headunit, when you fit a new headunit you have to bypass the original amp and of course the sub is wired to the amp so you bypass that aswell.

Guest mattsupra

you cant run a sub off normal wiring and think its going to work good

it will just put music through it and not the umph from a sub