The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Attempted theft

pete_TT

Really p*ssed off went to my car yesterday to find sum pikey has tried to steal my supra. Luckily the old girl held up and they were unable to get in, but not before doing considerable damage to both doors/ handles :(

Both locks and handles are ruined and they've also damaged the door.

Think im going to get some 2nd hand doors/ locks and handles. Anyone got some lieing about (pref in silver) they'd like to sell?

If i catch the little scrote they'll be hell to pay.

:(

That sucks. They suck at trying to break in. :rolleyes:

I had my car done over a few months ago. They tried to crowbar the door open, then tried to crowbar the roof drips off (both sides), then decided to smash the window when they couldn't break into arguably one of the most insecure cars ever. (All for the sake of £13 hidden in a glove box.)

I have a spare silver handle at home somewhere, I think its for a passenger door. If no-one pipes up with the complete package soon I'll try and dig it out for you.

It was parked in the next road unfortunately as there were no spaces in my road.

Not gonna bother going through insurance as i can prob get 2nd hand parts cheaper then a repair and for less then my £500 excess.

Still proper pissed off.

Time to clear out my old dears garage i think and park it in there.

After just speaking with Jezz i've managed to get the required parts for what i feel is a reasonable price of £225. Thats including both bare doors, handles and a full lock set. Depending on paint condition ill prob fit them as they are for the time being and then get them resprayed in the winter when i take the car off the road for sum engine work and I have a bit more money.

Thanks for all your kind words.

Pete

That is sickening!!

Definately get it parked in a garage mate. Please tell me you have an alarm on the car and if you do, i hope it went off??

I have the clifford that bleaps if anyone goes near it, this usually follws by me running out of bed to have a look.

What a &^*$^&$. Hope everything will work out with the "new" parts :)

Offtopic: If Jezz sold you the doors, did they came with the hinges? If not I will pm him for them :rolleyes:

I havent collected the doors yet, when i do ill get the hinges aswell if possible and you can have first dibbs on them.

It was parked in the next road unfortunately as there were no spaces in my road.

Not gonna bother going through insurance as i can prob get 2nd hand parts cheaper then a repair and for less then my £500 excess.

Still proper pissed off.

Time to clear out my old dears garage i think and park it in there.

gutted to hear that mate but you say you have a garage and dont use it!:blink: id love to have a garage, at the moment just incase, my sup is watched 24/7 unless im in work by cctv, its not great but it has a mic also so i can hear any gits getting to close for comfort.