The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A bout buying a supra

Guest Marakon

Guest Marakon

Hi

Im living in Finland, and looking to buy a Supra from England. But havent got all the facts.

How do the people change cars. Has the inspection centre to be visited? is it able to buy the car on Sunday? Or is it nessesery to registri it to own my name, before I can drive it legally? So my real questio is what dokuments you need to exchanges cars?

Second thing that I was wonedring was how do you delete a car from registration?

And what are MOT and TAX?

what happens if you dont have one or the other?

Sory about my wery bad english.

Hi welcome.

MOT - Is a certificate to say the car is road legal. IE it is safe to be on the road. They are valid for 1 year.

TAX - Is a government ploy where you give them money and they make you think it goes towards the maintanance and expansion of the UK roads. To drive on uk roads you have to have it. This can be brought in 6month or 12 month increments. The 12 month one is at a cost of £185 iirc for a supra. Should you no longer need it on uk roads you can claim the rmaining months back, althoui there is probably some get out clause if you are not a uk resident.

You can buy cars on sundays, at the sellers choice thou. Its like any other day here. You can look at the car yourself before you buy, again at the sellers choice. You dont have to be the registered owner to drive it. When you buy it the seller should give you part of what we call the V5. This is then sent off to say that the car is leaving the country.

Edited by DamanC (see edit history)

Guest Marakon
Hi welcome.

MOT - Is a certificate to say the car is road legal. IE it is safe to be on the road. They are valid for 1 year.

TAX - Is a government ploy where you give them money and they make you think it goes towards the maintanance and expansion of the UK roads. To drive on uk roads you have to have it. This can be brought in 6month or 12 month increments. The 12 month one is at a cost of £185 iirc for a supra. Should you no longer need it on uk roads you can claim the rmaining months back, althoui there is probably some get out clause if you are not a uk resident.

You can buy cars on sundays, at the sellers choice thou. Its like any other day here. You can look at the car yourself before you buy, again at the sellers choice. You dont have to be the registered owner to drive it. When you buy it the seller should give you part of what we call the V5. This is then sent off to say that the car is leaving the country.

Thank you for these anser.

But what about saturday and espesialy 20 and 21 of june, these days are national holydays here.

EDIT:And can I get the car Taxed on these days or sundays?

Edited by Marakon (see edit history)

Thank you for these anser.

But what about saturday and espesialy 20 and 21 of june, these days are national holydays here.

Buying on a Saturday shouldn't be a problem if you have the means to pay. Same with Sunday. The only problem you'd have is either you're buying from a garage who might be closed (check first) or your method of payment requires bank confirmation. Bring cash and phone ahead and you'll be fine :)

Welcome :)

hello,

we sell an export to-

sweden, denmark,germany,holland,luxemborg,poland,italy and norway..plus many more

we have many overseas customers if you need any help we can inspect the supra in the uk for you and arrange the deal then you can collect from us in newcastle upon tyne.. or we could import you the car from japan..

here is my website

http://www.jm-imports.co.uk

Sat would be best so the seller can verify the money is legit by taking it to a bank. Sunday's you won't be able to do this so the guy would have to work on trust, and that's a lot of trust for someone you've never met before. People have been ripped off in the past so you'll probably stand a better chance on a saturday morning.

21st June over here is just another normal rainy saturday:)