The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clifford Concept 650 mkii

Matt H

Going to go for this alarm system for my new supra

Got the details from the Clifford site and they include fitting which sounds good as you know if will be done right then.

Clifford Concept 650 G5 MK II

Intellistart IV Package

Factory Immobiliser Bypass Unit

Clifford Smartwindows

Total including VAT and fitting is £715.00

What we do we think of that? :search:

Also, does this alarm unit do the whole lock your doors after you start the engine or is that a standard supra thing? did it on my other supra which had a gemel alarm

Ta

Matt

Great alarm in my opinion and thats a decent price considering it includes all those extras.

The alarm fitted alone is usually £350-£400 depending where you go but the intellistart is expensive (around £150-£200) so by the time you take into account that, the other stuff and fitting by a pro i'd say thats ok.

You can program the alarm to do loads of cool stuff. You can set it to lock the doors when you start the ignition or when you hit xxxxrpm. Its very VERY good. Go onto the clifford site and download the MKII manual. It will let you know most of the features (there are some installer specific ones)

Going to go for this alarm system for my new supra

Got the details from the Clifford site and they include fitting which sounds good as you know if will be done right then.

Clifford Concept 650 G5 MK II

Intellistart IV Package

Factory Immobiliser Bypass Unit

Clifford Smartwindows

Total including VAT and fitting is £715.00

What we do we think of that? :search:

Also, does this alarm unit do the whole lock your doors after you start the engine or is that a standard supra thing? did it on my other supra which had a gemel alarm

Ta

Matt

I take it that this alarm is cat 1 then...

Oh yeh, does this alarm have a remote start too??

I take it that this alarm is cat 1 then...

Oh yeh, does this alarm have a remote start too??

Yes as long as it doesn't have remote start and blackjax enabled but there are ways round that ;)

It doesn't have remote start as standard hence why Matt is coughing up the extra for the intellistart unit ("advanced" remote start)

Great alarm in my opinion and thats a decent price considering it includes all those extras.

The alarm fitted alone is usually £350-£400 depending where you go but the intellistart is expensive (around £150-£200) so by the time you take into account that, the other stuff and fitting by a pro i'd say thats ok.

You can program the alarm to do loads of cool stuff. You can set it to lock the doors when you start the ignition or when you hit xxxxrpm. Its very VERY good. Go onto the clifford site and download the MKII manual. It will let you know most of the features (there are some installer specific ones)

Cheers mate, brilliant reply, exactly what i was looking for :thumbs: i'll have a look at that manual. ta ;)

Yes as long as it doesn't have remote start and blackjax enabled but there are ways round that ;)

It doesn't have remote start as standard hence why Matt is coughing up the extra for the intellistart unit ("advanced" remote start)

Oh right thanks for the info Scoster...:)

So whats the difference between remote start and 'advanced' remote start then?? (intellistart)

I just used the term advanced because it has some features that some others don't.

You can set it to automatically start the car at a certain temp and you can get it to start the car if your battery is getting low. As above, go onto the clifford website and download the manual. They are actually pretty good manuals, makes a refreshing change.

Cheers mate, brilliant reply, exactly what i was looking for :thumbs: i'll have a look at that manual. ta ;)

No problemo, ony trouble is finding the space behind the dash to put all the stuff. Thats the fitters problem though lol.

:thumbs:

I just used the term advanced because it has some features that some others don't.

You can set it to automatically start the car at a certain temp and you can get it to start the car if your battery is getting low. As above, go onto the clifford website and download the manual. They are actually pretty good manuals, makes a refreshing change.

Ok, i really do need to get an alarm system for the Supe and has to be cat 1...

Is this alarm the best Clifford has made as i am looking for the best Clifford alarm system...:)

Ok, i really do need to get an alarm system for the Supe and has to be cat 1...

Is this alarm the best Clifford has made as i am looking for the best Clifford alarm system...:)

They all have pretty much the same core so i would say yes. It doesn't have the avant guard features but if you go for the options Matt has went for then you won't be far off it. It is definitely a good alarm and more than required to look after our sup's. Look at it this way, if a thief wants it and they are good enough, your car is going regardless.

The good thing about going for the 650 is the fact that you can bung the fitter £20 for a certificate as the remote start is an add on and as far as he was aware you didn't have it and he left the black jax turned off :innocent:

They all have pretty much the same core so i would say yes. It doesn't have the avant guard features but if you go for the options Matt has went for then you won't be far off it. It is definitely a good alarm and more than required to look after our sup's. Look at it this way, if a thief wants it and they are good enough, your car is going regardless.

The good thing about going for the 650 is the fact that you can bung the fitter £20 for a certificate as the remote start is an add on and as far as he was aware you didn't have it and he left the black jax turned off :innocent:

Haha...i might go for this one then :)

you can get that cheaper matt harwood will do you a better deal hes on here

Really?? What alarms does Matt do?? :)

i dont know but same as that, i also have that alarm with more features, but after i paid for it Matt told me he could of done the lot for around 550-600 even my mates mate who fits cliffords told me he could of done it way cheaper or for that price fit even more things

No problemo, ony trouble is finding the space behind the dash to put all the stuff. Thats the fitters problem though lol.

Yes it must have been quite a problem for my fitter, his install was terrible! - came with the car, I would never let one near a car of mine again

Did you say 400quid to install!:blink:

I need a new career!It is a good alarm, I dont have the remote start tho, how much is that?

The valet mode is good 30secs of driving and it cuts out, I'd love for that to happen with a thief at the wheel:eyebrows:

Although not in my car:innocent:

i dont know but same as that, i also have that alarm with more features, but after i paid for it Matt told me he could of done the lot for around 550-600 even my mates mate who fits cliffords told me he could of done it way cheaper or for that price fit even more things

Wow that is good! I'll have to give Matt a shout...:)

hi i got the daddy clifford alarm. its the Clifford Avantguard 5.5. it cost be around £1000. now i be honest there are huge atempts of theft in my area, unfortunately my sup was targeted 3 times. this alarm is beyond brilliant man. the wa*kers who tried u could tell were proffessionals but this alarm kept em at bay.

quick thing about the intelli-start. its not as simple as you think. before you get out the car, you have to punch a combination on the fob which 'Activates' the intel start. you turn the key and pull it out and the engine is still running. when you shut the doors and then press the button to lock the doors, the engine will switch off. then you press one button to start the car. if you unlock the doors and then press the button to start it, it wont start. its pretty complicated but once you read the manuals and understand why its pretty clear thats its all to do with security.

P.S. if you buy a clifford honestly get the certified clifford engineers to fit it. they know a lot of tricks and plus if some attempts to nick ur car and cuts up all the alarms wiring etc. clifford engineer will come down and re-wire it with brand new cableing.

other than that this alarm has it all, all the tricks, multi-way (cant tell you how many but lets just say theres a lot of em) immobilisers, remote start, sensors everywhere!!! any body looks at your car closely it will beep so loud at em they'll have a heart attack. you honestly cant get better in my opinion. very very sensitive but yet smart enough not to go off if a cat is near buy or if the wind blows hard, serious bit of kit and worth every penny!

Yes it must have been quite a problem for my fitter, his install was terrible! - came with the car, I would never let one near a car of mine again

Did you say 400quid to install!:blink:

Yeah, including the alarm lol

I need a new career!It is a good alarm, I dont have the remote start tho, how much is that?

IIRC around £180 retail not including fitting

The valet mode is good 30secs of driving and it cuts out, I'd love for that to happen with a thief at the wheel:eyebrows:

Although not in my car:innocent:

Its black jax mode, valet mode is what you switch on so that valet's and mechanics etc can drive the car without having to know the black jax combination ;) Great idea though, i used it on my mate lol.