The mkiv Supra Owners Club

5 speed manual conversion

c7hru

I really want to have a tt conversion done on my na but dont think i am going to have the money (unless i get even further into debt :-( ) or i really want a tt (its always good to dream eh!) So for the time being I have been thinking about having a 5 speed manual conversion; will this make it a better car to drive and will i feel a difference in power? Has anyone had one done, if so how much am i looking at forking out?

Thanks guys!

Alex

Yeah what i was saying was shall i get a 5 speed conversion done on my na, then maybe in the future get the tt conversion. I just wish i had the money to play with cos i would get a tt if i did! i phoned my insurance company and it would only be an extra £200 for the year so that got me even more excited!!!!!!

I'm not so sure...

5spd manual boxes aren't expensive and it would be a good halfway point if someone is considering na-tt manual at a later stage. Once the TT is fitted, the 5spd could then be changed out if the more power was decided upon.

5spd manual boxes aren't expensive and it would be a good halfway point if someone is considering na-tt manual at a later stage. Once the TT is fitted, the 5spd could then be changed out if the more power was decided upon.

:yeahthat: Thats what I plan to do :eyebrows:

• 1 month later...

Sorry to drag this thread up again, but speaking to JustGav today got me thinking.

If I've got a TT Aero, and I really wanted a manual gearbox, a 5-speed gearbox is still an option, and a hell of a lot cheaper than a 6-speed.

However - are there any REAL issues with doing this? Anything against the idea? I know the 6-speed is able to take more power, but I don't intend on going much past BPU (at least for a long time) and from what I understand a 5-speed box would still be ok with circa 500bhp anyway?