The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Santa's Been

Scott

Missed a couple of deliveries the last couple of days so went and picked up most of them. Got overfenders, spats and all my oils and stuff.

No excuses now.

I had a look at the overfenders though..... do the arches really need cut? When i test fitted them roughly they seemed to sit at the same height as the arch does just now. I have raised my car a little so it sits about an inch and a half away from the top of the tyre. I'm thinking though, even if i cut away the arch the tyre would still hit the overfender as its at roughly the same height.

url]

Santa's Been.JPG

Depends what look you want, i like the wheels sitting close to the arch so cut the bodywork and trimmed the lip from the over fenders, wheels that sit a long way in the arches look cr@p to me:)

Oh they will be coming out once i can afford the proper offset lol. I want them all ready to go once i do though.

I won't be slamming the car back on its arse though. I may lower it half an inch, should that be enough clearance without cutting anything? approx 1" or do i need more at the rear? If so i might just cut the arch out and trim the lip as you say.

Hmm, cheers Jamie. Guess i'll just need to wait and see when i get the wheels then. Had a look at the pics of yours and mine looks approx the same when test fitting cept maybe half an inch higher at the back.

The worrying thing is 2" is missing from yours, mines is 1.5" from the arch just now.