The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another whats it worth - in bits?

bolarbag

I may have a business opportunity coming up and may re-consider the Single Conversion, I reckon I'm around £11k from where I want my supra to be and I've spent almost £18k on parts and delivery e.t.c just in the last 16months, here is a rough list of the

Brand New parts:

Polished GT35R .82A/R 3" V-band Exh housing with HPC Coating

GReddy Chrome Oil Filler Cap

GReddy Sandwich Plate

GReddy Oil Filter Relocation Kit

TRD Oil Filter and Oem filter

TRD Engine Mounts

Aeromotive FPR

Unorthodox Racing Polshed Pulley Kit

Virtual Works Power Steering Relocation Kit with polished power steering reservoir

PHR Air Intake Kit

GReddy 3Row FMIC

PHR Short Cut Pipe for Single turbos for GReddy 3 Row(polished)

HKS Racing BOV Type II

FULL RACE Gen 2 Manifold

2xTial 44mm wastegates

4" FULL RACE Downpipe/Midpipe

FULL RACE DIY Dump Tube Kit

Motec M600 EMS, with Wideband Lambda, Advanced Functions and Data logging(will be supplied with wiring loom for plug and play also and 3bar map sensor)

HKS EVC 6

HKS DLI

PHR Stage 2 Fuel System

PHR Oil Feed

PHR Oil Return

PHR Water Cooling Kit

4" HKS Hyper Titanium Racing Exhaust

Fluidyne Radiator

GReddy 1.3Bar Rad Cap

Maziere Electric Water Pump

AAP Motorsport Electric Fans

TRD Thermostat

GReddy Upper Rad Pipe

Titan Motorsport Lower Pad Pipe

TRD Front and Rear Sway Bars

Cusco Front and Rear Strut Bars

Do-Luck Underfloor Bars

Do-Luck Cross Chasis Bar

Seibon Carbon Fibre Doors

Seibon Carbon Fibre Fenders(slight crack in transit on one)

TRD 10K Tacho

6 x Defi Bf's

2 x Recaro Pole Positions (FIA Approved)

Recaro Fixed Side Mounts

1x Recaro JZA80 Seat Frame Slider

Power Steering and Brake Res polished caps

2nd hand parts:

RPS Street 6 Puk Clutch(Both covered 4000miles)

RPS Cyn-r-g Lightweight Flywheel

Shift Sports FRP Lightweight Hood(Painted Blue mint)

Do-Luck Cross Chasis Bar

Abflug Type 1 Nosecone

HKS Oil Cooler(one leaky pipe can be fixed)

Cusco 6 Point Rollcage(Mint was wrapped from day install)

HKS Turbo Timer

HKS Hiper D Adjustable Coilover Suspension

J-spec 6speed manual twin turbo 55k miles,sh, basic bpu, probably with stock wheels and body, needs paint touch ups(no accident damage e.t.c new drop links to be fitted)

Stock seats and interior

I know I'm going to lose a lot here, I'm one delivery away from getting this thing back on the road, but it wont be perfect until I've spent the extra 10 or 11k but if a trader or someone was to come along with a good offer I may sell all

I'm only 22 but I'm thinking this opportunity could set me up for life - and I could buy a car of my liking within the first 18months

Decisions, decisions

Edited by bolarbag (see edit history)

Cheers bud,

I chose my parts carefully, and if I end up buiding it - which currently is more than likely - I expect it to be a very reliable 550 hp and with a bigger turbo(GT4088R or T67dbb) will even then be a moderatly reliable 650bhp or thereabouts

But I'll sell it for less than 20K even after I've ploughed another 11k into it, the engine will be blingy but its predominantly a track car,

All in all in 3.5years of ownership incl. car I reckon I've spent about(so far) 36k in 11thousand miles - 700 of them coming back from London

I think I'm more into learning about cars and the engineering aspect than actually driving them, and this thing feeds that passion with a vengance - at a huge cost

I've got like 4weeks to make my decision to build it or sell it off, I'm open to offers before I buy my next part(s):rolleyes:

I purposely never fitted any of the parts, instead used little cardboard models to measure correct fittament as I aware this might happen

If I start selling parts I'm gonna have to stay in the scene which would make me regret it after a while, I'm also gonna be aware there is money in the bank, not a good thing for me, and then I'll have the mental factor of not finishing a project - something I dreaded

Arggh!Bleeding fuel prices and depreciation plus spending more money on this thing is enough to make ya go insane - maybe insane enough to keep it:d

I purposely never fitted any of the parts, instead used little cardboard models to measure correct fittament as I aware this might happen

If I start selling parts I'm gonna have to stay in the scene which would make me regret it after a while, I'm also gonna be aware there is money in the bank, not a good thing for me, and then I'll have the mental factor of not finishing a project - something I dreaded

Arggh!Bleeding fuel prices and depreciation plus spending more money on this thing is enough to make ya go insane - maybe insane enough to keep it:d

*SLAP*

Keep it!

:p

I may have a business opportunity coming up and may re-consider the Single Conversion, I reckon I'm around £11k from where I want my supra to be and I've spent almost £18k on parts and delivery e.t.c just in the last 16months, here is a rough list of the

Brand New parts:

Polished GT35R .82A/R 3" V-band Exh housing with HPC Coating

GReddy Chrome Oil Filler Cap

GReddy Sandwich Plate

GReddy Oil Filter Relocation Kit

TRD Oil Filter and Oem filter

TRD Engine Mounts

Aeromotive FPR

Unorthodox Racing Polshed Pulley Kit

Virtual Works Power Steering Relocation Kit with polished power steering reservoir

PHR Air Intake Kit

GReddy 3Row FMIC

PHR Short Cut Pipe for Single turbos for GReddy 3 Row(polished)

HKS Racing BOV Type II

FULL RACE Gen 2 Manifold

2xTial 44mm wastegates

4" FULL RACE Downpipe/Midpipe

FULL RACE DIY Dump Tube Kit

Motec M600 EMS, with Wideband Lambda, Advanced Functions and Data logging(will be supplied with wiring loom for plug and play also and 3bar map sensor)

HKS EVC 6

HKS DLI

PHR Stage 2 Fuel System

PHR Oil Feed

PHR Oil Return

PHR Water Cooling Kit

4" HKS Hyper Titanium Racing Exhaust

Fluidyne Radiator

GReddy 1.3Bar Rad Cap

Maziere Electric Water Pump

AAP Motorsport Electric Fans

TRD Thermostat

GReddy Upper Rad Pipe

Titan Motorsport Lower Pad Pipe

TRD Front and Rear Sway Bars

Cusco Front and Rear Strut Bars

Do-Luck Underfloor Bars

Do-Luck Cross Chasis Bar

Seibon Carbon Fibre Doors

Seibon Carbon Fibre Fenders(slight crack in transit on one)

TRD 10K Tacho

6 x Defi Bf's

2 x Recaro Pole Positions (FIA Approved)

Recaro Fixed Side Mounts

1x Recaro JZA80 Seat Frame Slider

Power Steering and Brake Res polished caps

2nd hand parts:

RPS Street 6 Puk Clutch(Both covered 4000miles)

RPS Cyn-r-g Lightweight Flywheel

Shift Sports FRP Lightweight Hood(Painted Blue mint)

Do-Luck Cross Chasis Bar

Abflug Type 1 Nosecone

HKS Oil Cooler(one leaky pipe can be fixed)

Cusco 6 Point Rollcage(Mint was wrapped from day install)

HKS Turbo Timer

HKS Hiper D Adjustable Coilover Suspension

J-spec 6speed manual twin turbo 55k miles,sh, basic bpu, probably with stock wheels and body, needs paint touch ups(no accident damage e.t.c new drop links to be fitted)

Stock seats and interior

I know I'm going to lose a lot here, I'm one delivery away from getting this thing back on the road, but it wont be perfect until I've spent the extra 10 or 11k but if a trader or someone was to come along with a good offer I may sell all

I'm only 22 but I'm thinking this opportunity could set me up for life - and I could buy a car of my liking within the first 18months

Decisions, decisions

You say you're only 22, where the hell did you get 18k + from lol?! :blink:

I would love a spec list like that! :(

Some opportunities only come along once :)

I agree with Gary on this one.

Get your life together first and get that new opportunity up and running before you fook it up because of a car. How can a car come first over an opportunity to make something of your life?

IMO, if you don't take the business opportunity because of a car project build then you don't deserve the chance of that opportunity in the first place. Sorry mate, but I have to be honest and say that a piece of metal ain't going to help you in the long run - it will make you a very popular chap on this car forum but that doesn't quite put food on the table.

There are probably a few guys on here who spend a fortune on cars and yet don't seem to think that those 10's of thousands of pounds could be better spent in bettering their lives for the long term.

Up to them (and you) I suppose;)

Delay the car project for two years and then buy a shed-load of cars in a few years when you're minted:)

You say you're only 22, where the hell did you get 18k + from lol?!

I've worked 2 and 3jobs for the last 5years, dont drink much and dont currently own my own property, just began renting last year

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr lover

Some opportunities only come along once

I agree with Gary on this one.

I totally agree but I've had better opps than this before and never taken them, this one is high risk - anything to do with property as you all know is high risk at the mo

The market up here is slightly slower than down your end or is just not going to materialise the way its panned out down south but it has affected a lot of property developers and they are defo more wary and cautious than only 2years ago

I'm thinking build it and keep saving, then when the time is right sell it, with good advertising abroad, the opp will still be there in a year - I may even be in a better position

Cheers guys

Out of all the dilemmas that come up on here this has to be the easiest decision to make.

You have the opportunity to set yourself up for life and you can't decide about doing that or building your car up :blink:

Impressive list, but perhaps the fact that not all parts are mint might force your hand more towards selling bits off and then the car as a project.

I'm not quite getting you, the parts are brand new, the 2nd hand parts are on the car currently, hence their 2nd hand;) their still mint, apart from the oil cooler, it has a broken AN fitting, if I sold this off in pieces I wont have enough initial capital to get involved

The extra 11k I intend was for brakes, respray, 2sets of wheels and tyres then some exterior mods,

I will build it, keeping it stock body then probably sell it, maybe I'm just feeling depressed at the mo at the fact everyone seems to make good money other than engineers!PAYE sucks!

I'm not quite getting you

I didnt make it as clear as i could.

Firstly, unless you can find a person who wants to sink £xx thousand into their Supra (which is fairly unlikely) then you will need to sell the bits off part by part to individual buyers. I did note that the only parts actually not mint were the oil cooler and carbon front wings.

Control Systems Engineer - Electrical/Software bias - Systems Integrator they like to change the name from time to time:rolleyes:

PAYE is b*ll***, contract is good, but I'm 5year away from that, I know self employed people washing bus stops earning double my salary!:blink:

Control Systems Engineer - Electrical/Software bias - Systems Integrator they like to change the name from time to time:rolleyes:

PAYE is b*ll***, contract is good, but I'm 5year away from that, I know self employed people washing bus stops earning double my salary!:blink:

lol, not construction then