The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fitting new fuel regulator

Guest horneymikef

Guest horneymikef

has anybody got any good ideas on how to fit an after market fuel regulator as the stock pipe goes to one on the engine and i'm looking at replacing it with a gauge one :) : cool:

Guest horneymikef

i'm just fitting one with a gauge as i'm upgradeing the engine bay with blue hoses and lights with lots of polished bits and this will look awsome when the bonnet is popped plus i have upgraded the fuel pump so makes sence to upgrade the regulater was just going to fit next to original one ????

i'm just fitting one with a gauge as i'm upgradeing the engine bay with blue hoses and lights with lots of polished bits and this will look awsome when the bonnet is popped plus i have upgraded the fuel pump so makes sence to upgrade the regulater was just going to fit next to original one ????

It is popular opinion that the FSE is a complete pile of crap, and this has now been verfied :), the aeromotive is the pick of the bunch of aftermarket AFR's.

The best choice for most people (with limited mods) is indeed the stock FPR :)

Guest horneymikef

thanks for the advise i have now fitted the fpr with the original one (stock) still intack and working i have set the fpr at 2 as dont know original fpr set at it hasnt changed anything on the car but looks good when the bonnet is up with the other mods ............... i dont know what the fpr is called eg make but will have pics on here soon as car goes in for body kit upgrade as hit a deer nsf with slight damage so watch this space lol thanks for your advise on this if anyone knows the fpr standard presure would be good just so could set to this mike

thanks for the advise i have now fitted the fpr with the original one (stock) still intack and working i have set the fpr at 2 as dont know original fpr set at it hasnt changed anything on the car but looks good when the bonnet is up with the other mods ............... i dont know what the fpr is called eg make but will have pics on here soon as car goes in for body kit upgrade as hit a deer nsf with slight damage so watch this space lol thanks for your advise on this if anyone knows the fpr standard presure would be good just so could set to this mike

:blink:

EDIT: have you got an AFR gauge to see how this mish mash has affected your fueling.

Guest horneymikef

fueling is good no different to b4 would of taken off original but is on fuel rail and total different fittment as regulater is only a valve that opens when at correct pressure so makes total no different to any fueling at all as long as i dont put over original setting which isnt at the moment

Guest horneymikef

got a afr gauge on it and have set to 2 at the mo which is still under standard setting so is open np and working fine just wanted to know standard presure so could set to that

i have set the fpr at 2 as dont know original fpr set at it hasnt changed anything on the car but looks good when the bonnet is up with the other mods

What? 2 What? 2 bar - 2psi???:blink:

So let me get this straight you have added a fpr to make your engine bay look good with no regard to performance?? Oh so thats how we should do, whats the point in all those expensive fuel kits when we can just throw some braided lines in there just randomly throw an Earls fittings somewhere and hope for the best!!:D

You have got to be at the wind-up!

Guest horneymikef

have put in for custom and slight performance when required lol also have after market fuel pump fitted 550cc (2 bar) set i dont use it for speed as such enjoy driveing it and costing me lots- kit- etc so just enjoy poseing in it as does turn heads and everthing is done to perfection otherwise i dont do it

Forgive if I'm wrong, but having read this.

Your only reason for fitting an aftermarket FPR is for the bling factor???? Not being funny but you just don't mess about with things like fuel systems without having HALF a clue. My advice, remove it..but then take it or leave. That is my last 2c's on this.

Guest horneymikef

not 550 injectors just 550 fuel pump to increase pressure flow the stock fpr will stay open as to the after market one will keep open due to presure as canot change the stock one due to how fitted to the fuel rail but i dont know the standard pressure to set at

not 550 injectors just 550 fuel pump to increase pressure flow the stock fpr will stay open as to the after market one will keep open due to presure as canot change the stock one due to how fitted to the fuel rail but i dont know the standard pressure to set at

In english please.