The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Somebody vandalised my Supe

Supra-Brett

Woke up on Sunday, one of the neighbours called me over when i was cutting the front lawn to point out damage to my car.

Some git had dented the front wing and scratched my rear wing badly. This was the pavement side so wasnt a car.

This is the 8th instance of vandalism to cars on my road in 2 months now and residents are getting tired of it.

The Police were sympathetic and are going to patrol more. Ive also joined our local Neighborhood Action Group (NAG) led by the Police to look into local peoples priorities. The more we shout about it and report these issues the more will get done. Im just looking into getting the Police to put up covert CCTV to catch the buggers at it and fingers crossed they will get caught.

In my opinion they need there hands chopping off, but its likley they will get a slap on the wrist instead.

My advice to everyone on here is dont wait until its happened to get these things sorted out. Join your local NAG now to get your issues raised before it happens to you too.

:wtf: awful, feel for you fellah but at least you've taken action for the future. Doesnt make the situation feel any better though. A pity you can't park if off road.

My first new car (straight out the show room) was only 9 months old when I parked it outside a friends house. Was only gone a couple of minutes, came out and there was a double scratch going from the front panel right into the rear quarter, too deep to TCut out. Either got keyed or was some clumsy blighter on a bike. Gutting :(

Is it worth investing in your own CCTV and hooking it up so you can see it online at work? Or maybe a dummy one? Not ideal but....

Lx

Sorry to hear this.

Any chance you could rent a lock-up near by?

I have a garage in a block behind the house but its full to the brim with stuff and the door doesnt open fully either as its broke. Ive been seriously thinking about fixing the door and clearing it out so i can put the car in, im not sure where all the things will go. Its just a bloody nightmare.

Biggest problem is that im not sure that i can afford to fix it at the moment, and even if i can will it happen again ?

3 of the initial 8 incidents i mentioned were damaged to an Evo 8 20meters away from my car. No sooner was it fixed than it was damaged again. Hes put it into storage now bacause its cost so much, so im really reluctant to get it fixed myself.

I really dont know what to do, about the car, but if i catch the people who did it, i know exactly what im going to do.

I have a garage in a block behind the house but its full to the brim with stuff and the door doesnt open fully either as its broke. Ive been seriously thinking about fixing the door and clearing it out so i can put the car in, im not sure where all the things will go. Its just a bloody nightmare......

Is there anything in the garage worth more than your supra? How much would it cost to repair the door compared to repairing the supra, maybe several times (though certainly wouldnt wish it on you hun) Must be worth the outlay in time and money :hug:

Linda

x

I have a garage in a block behind the house but its full to the brim with stuff and the door doesnt open fully either as its broke. Ive been seriously thinking about fixing the door and clearing it out so i can put the car in, im not sure where all the things will go. Its just a bloody nightmare.

Biggest problem is that im not sure that i can afford to fix it at the moment, and even if i can will it happen again ?

3 of the initial 8 incidents i mentioned were damaged to an Evo 8 20meters away from my car. No sooner was it fixed than it was damaged again. Hes put it into storage now bacause its cost so much, so im really reluctant to get it fixed myself.

I really dont know what to do, about the car, but if i catch the people who did it, i know exactly what im going to do.

Honestly fella, clear out your garage, fix the door, and put your P&J in there, nice and safe :)

You can, you must, you will :D

I've had a lock up for 8 years now and guess what?

The one night I leave the Supe out (couldn't be bothered to put her away) someone smashed the driver's door window, stole the boost controller, attempted the get the CD player, failed, but made a mess with a screwdriver nonetheless, blah blah blah.

As far as your stuff in the garage goes, perhaps you could use the 12 month rule...ie if you haven't used any of it in the last 12 months, you probably won't, so bin it or sell it ;)

sorry to hear that, ive also had damage by vandals, and in fact my dog who decided to attack the front of my car??? not nice anyway, id vote today for the hands being chopped off punishment, but like you said a slap is the most they'd get

[ANGRY][/ANGRY]Some idiot keyed my supra last year was not long tho, went to japan for 2 weeks holiday and bought a carbon fibre logo to cover it but now it changed me into not trusting people, if it happens again i would go on a huge tear, driving around looking for yobs hanging my street and basicly would use my car on them, i would find out which place they live at mate then blow there car up in my oppinion, but then you would get the blame. You just have to wait for the right time to make your move and plan it, the bastard who scratched my car got what they deserved believe me:eyebrows:.

Edited by toyotasupra1980 (see edit history)

Woke up on Sunday, one of the neighbours called me over when i was cutting the front lawn to point out damage to my car.

Some git had dented the front wing and scratched my rear wing badly. This was the pavement side so wasnt a car.

This is the 8th instance of vandalism to cars on my road in 2 months now and residents are getting tired of it.

The Police were sympathetic and are going to patrol more. Ive also joined our local Neighborhood Action Group (NAG) led by the Police to look into local peoples priorities. The more we shout about it and report these issues the more will get done. Im just looking into getting the Police to put up covert CCTV to catch the buggers at it and fingers crossed they will get caught.

In my opinion they need there hands chopping off, but its likley they will get a slap on the wrist instead.

My advice to everyone on here is dont wait until its happened to get these things sorted out. Join your local NAG now to get your issues raised before it happens to you too.

probably kids, but still. Some youth got to close to my car and scratched it, probably by mistake, not sure how I'd react to deliberate vandalism. I think some kids have respect for the supra after seeing it in so many computer games, maybe this is the pre-computer supra games generation that is doing this? Brett is there any point of telling the police?

Brett is there any point of telling the police?

Yep, there is always a point in telling the Police. The more crime that is reported in an area, the more resources they deploy to that area. Yes my crime report is only 1 instance, but if everyone reports crime it becomes many instances and then they listen.

The Police have to react to reports of crime as thats how they solve it, and if its happening a lot in a particular area then the chances are that if they work with the residents they will find out who it is and solve it/catch the criminals.

Ive done some digging and am confident i know which group of youths did mine. They are little sh*ts who drive around like idiots in their own vehicles and who apparentkly have a history as long as your arm. My plan is to follow them covertly, film and pass evidence to police as often as possible. They will get section 59s on their own vehicles which means they will get pulled a lot by the cops and if they get caught doing something stupid then there car will be in the CRUSHER :p

Basically i am unable to go out and kick their head in as thats illegal, but a bit of detective work, some sitting around waiting and some film footage should do the trick.

Getting their own cars crushed will be my own revenge and its all above board and legal for me to do that.