most interesting fact about the Supra

TrevS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on who you talk to I suppose :)

ie, do you want to impress them with speed/power stuff like Jamie mentions, or bore them with facts like how reliable the car is for something so quick? (not the 1000bhp version ;) )

I suppose anything, I think this will turn out to be quite an interesting thread.

Guest Angry Koala

It's the only car whose name sounds like a cross between a watery food stuff also known as broth and the baddy from Thundercats....

"This unique Formula One inspired braking system allowed the Supra Turbo to record a 70-0 braking distance of 149 feet (45 m) [2], the best braking performance of any production car tested in 1997 by Car and Driver magazine. This record was finally broken in 2004 by 3 feet by a Porsche GT."

Link to Porsche review where it mentions it does it in 145ft....

The number of silk purses turned into sow's ears?

:D

The Supra was circa 2/3 of a million HK$ here when new (private import only), picked mine up 5 years old for HK$142, that is some serious depreciation.

"This unique Formula One inspired braking system allowed the Supra Turbo to record a 70-0 braking distance of 149 feet (45 m) [2], the best braking performance of any production car tested in 1997 by Car and Driver magazine. This record was finally broken in 2004 by 3 feet by a Porsche GT."

Link to Porsche review where it mentions it does it in 145ft....

So the Supra stops quicker than a Ferrari Enzo according to the adverts figures (151 feet for Enzo) :cool:

So the Supra stops quicker than a Ferrari Enzo according to the adverts figures (151 feet for Enzo) :cool:

apparently so, although there are lots of possible variables that were different between the 1997 test and 2004 etc tests.

I was looking for the supras good lateral G rating compared to the other cars of the era when i stumbled on this info.........