The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cruise control not working

Duffman

Push the end of the cruise control stick in. "Cruise" appears below the odometer to say it's on. Then click the cruise control lever down at your desired speed and it will set itslef to your current speed. You can increase/decrease speed by clicking the lever up and down. Accelerate, it'll come back to the cruise speed when you let off the throttle. Brake and it'll deactivate itself. Once deavtivated, click the lever up once and it'll return itself to the cruise speed very gently, so good for high(er) mpg.

yeah if your doing 80mph and try to set it, it will slow the car down to 70 then set.

One thing I have always wounderd about was, With cruise controle, if its set to 50 it will try stay there if going up or down a hill, When going down hill you can feel the car slowing itself down but I wounderd if the brake lights come on?

Lew.

yeah if your doing 80mph and try to set it, it will slow the car down to 70 then set.

One thing I have always wounderd about was, With cruise controle, if its set to 50 it will try stay there if going up or down a hill, When going down hill you can feel the car slowing itself down but I wounderd if the brake lights come on?

Lew.

I don;t think cruise control is using brakes at all man. It just operate with releasing and pressing down acceleration pedal.

Check for a blown brake light bulb as this will deactivate the cruise control so the cruise light doesn't come on when you press the button.

Checked brake lights...working fine.

Also my horn doesn't work at all....do you think the horn and cruise control not working could be linked in anyway?

Lew.

I think Konrad's right....

I don;t think cruise control is using brakes at all man. It just operate with releasing and pressing down acceleration pedal.

I was in a 40 limit with cruise on recently, going down a steep hill and the speed slowly increased. I had to brake to stop myself from going through a camera at 50.