The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting 19" Alloys Help

Supra786

I am fitting some 19" alloys very soon and needed some help.

I was just wondering how they would sit on stock suspension and if it would be advisable to buy some lowering springs? or coilovers?

Anyone who does have 19" alloys, what setup do you have? and how do they sit? (Pics would be nice).

And also would they look better if I had the arches rolled? :search:

That is a very nice car you have there gaz1. :cool:

I was thinking about investing in some tein superstreets would probably improve the handling also.

Mine went straight on with the stock Billies. I haven't noticed much in terms of effecting handling but I do only drive mine once a week.

Alot members have said that putting 19" alloys does affect the handling but Im not too bothered if it isn't a significant amount, rather go for the look as gaz1 supe.

Edited by Supra786 (see edit history)

i have that suspension and it handles mint, plus there adjustable

ive just had tein super street fitted and its great, out of interest what hardness do you lot have? im apparently 6 clicks from the hardest

Mine are on stock billies. I actually would like to get some super streets to drop it a little but keep a reasoably comfortable ride:) As it is the car sits fine and quite sensible, I get a little tramlining and some more road noise but handling wise its not too bad in all fairness. You cant corner as well at high speeds as the tyre wall is not as tall and will brake/lose traction earlier than on 17s or 18s, thats about it in my experiance;)

I am fitting some 19" alloys very soon and needed some help.

I was just wondering how they would sit on stock suspension and if it would be advisable to buy some lowering springs? or coilovers?

Anyone who does have 19" alloys, what setup do you have? and how do they sit? (Pics would be nice).

And also would they look better if I had the arches rolled? :search:

You could either get aftermarket suspension i.e, Tein superstreets OR you could get Chris wilson suspension which i am going to invest in,

he is very good at what he does and the Supe will handle like you wont believe lol...:D

Edit: If you do get 19'' wheels fitted, you could be sacrificing your handling though...

Mine are on stock billies. I actually would like to get some super streets to drop it a little but keep a reasoably comfortable ride:) As it is the car sits fine and quite sensible, I get a little tramlining and some more road noise but handling wise its not too bad in all fairness. You cant corner as well at high speeds as the tyre wall is not as tall and will brake/lose traction earlier than on 17s or 18s, thats about it in my experiance;)

Have you rolled your arches, do the tyres rub? Seems alot more fun having 19" alloys on though according to your experience, I'll let you know if I like it or not especially round corners. ;)

You could either get aftermarket suspension i.e, Tein superstreets OR you could get Chris wilson suspension which i am going to invest in,

he is very good at what he does and the Supe will handle like you wont believe lol...:D

Edit: If you do get 19'' wheels fitted, you could be sacrificing your handling though...

I've heard alot about Chris Wilson seems a very respected member on this forum. Does he have his own range of products?

How much does a set of his coilovers cost?

£1250 fitted, and geo reset to suit, they are not height adjustable and I do not like or recommend 19 inch rims, but will fit and set up to work as well as the wheel and tyre choice allows. My set up lowers the car about 20 mm at the front and 10 / 15 mm at the back, compared to stock springs.

£1250 fitted, and geo reset to suit, they are not height adjustable and I do not like or recommend 19 inch rims, but will fit and set up to work as well as the wheel and tyre choice allows. My set up lowers the car about 20 mm at the front and 10 / 15 mm at the back, compared to stock springs.

so your saying you WILL do geo work on a car with 19's

Hmm interested :) i know where im going next then

although with my next supra ill probably go 18's if the diffrence in geo correction is that noticable

I'll do the geo on one with 22 inch wheels if you like, I just don't RECOMMEND 19 inch rims. If I had a MKIV I'd try and get the brake package to work under 17 inch rims myself. But I am of an age where I don't worry about the latest styling fad, or any styling fad for that matter... ;)

In fact I went to a friends hose in Bowdon, Cheshire the other month, a place of great taste and beauty, if a little shabby (shabby chic came to mind) when he bought it. He had "great plans" for it, which was ominous as he drove a lurid coloured Bentley GT. He was anxious to get as many people as he knew round, once it was done, presumably to show off the efforts of his gay interior designer. I think our friendship came under strain when I saw the whole Edwardian interior had been ripped out to make way for some Hollywood style gash inside, and I just said, "Well, you've **cked this up good and proper, haven't you?" :)

I'll do the geo on one with 22 inch wheels if you like, I just don't RECOMMEND 19 inch rims. If I had a MKIV I'd try and get the brake package to work under 17 inch rims myself. But I am of an age where I don't worry about the latest styling fad, or any styling fad for that matter... ;)

In fact I went to a friends hose in Bowdon, Cheshire the other month, a place of great taste and beauty, if a little shabby (shabby chic came to mind) when he bought it. He had "great plans" for it, which was ominous as he drove a lurid coloured Bentley GT. He was anxious to get as many people as he knew round, once it was done, presumably to show off the efforts of his gay interior designer. I think our friendship came under strain when I saw the whole Edwardian interior had been ripped out to make way for some Hollywood style gash inside, and I just said, "Well, you've **cked this up good and proper, haven't you?" :)

say it as it is:D