The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stripped out NA drift car to BDC pro-spec

JustGav

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Gav :) That NA flies (it's the diff I tell thee!)

BTW, are any parts up for grabs :innocent:

It was partly the reason that I couldn't sell it, because the diff/clutch (if someone doesn't take care when using it) would kill someone, especially in the wet. (and also because it is SOO much fun)

I'll sort through the parts at some stage and see what is any good and you can have first pickings :)

What're you going to do with her?

Completely stripped interior, all excess loom, nuts and bolts removed. Head is coming off for a port/polish and some valve work. Possibly an experimental cam combination...still being contemplated.

Roll cage going in...

Maybe some gas for track use, but not sure yet, all depends on finding a decent progressive controller option.

Would personally love to do an E85 conversion to it, but I have no clue where to get the fuel from down here.

I'll sort through the parts at some stage and see what is any good and you can have first pickings :)

Screws, bolts and fixings, plus the sill strips are all i'm missing, cash waiting as always :D

There is so much you can strip from the car, loom wise, at lease 20kg of not so obvious stuff. Can have a chat tomorrow if you like?

Screws, bolts and fixings, plus the sill strips are all i'm missing, cash waiting as always :D

There is so much you can strip from the car, loom wise, at lease 20kg of not so obvious stuff. Can have a chat tomorrow if you like?

Yeah, definitely, I was just going to take loom out and reloom the car with what I needed (interior wise)..

Completely stripped interior, all excess loom, nuts and bolts removed. Head is coming off for a port/polish and some valve work. Possibly an experimental cam combination...still being contemplated.

Roll cage going in...

Maybe some gas for track use, but not sure yet, all depends on finding a decent progressive controller option.

Would personally love to do an E85 conversion to it, but I have no clue where to get the fuel from down here.

I actually meant, are you aiming to do track days, sprint series, time attack..? Or is it just a mess about project? :D

Yeah, definitely, I was just going to take loom out and reloom the car with what I needed (interior wise)..

Great :) You can ditch nearly everything if you only want only basic controls. Massive weight saving potential!

How far do you wish to go?

Ac removal? dash out? sound insulation stripped? :cool:

I actually meant, are you aiming to do track days, sprint series, time attack..? Or is it just a mess about project? :D

Erm, the last one, and to be honest I want to prove the NA can still make a bit of a decent track toy, and try out some various engine options such as cams.

Yup, the whole lot is coming out, she isn't going to go back onto the normal tarmac.

:thumbs: Excellent project and I really think will make an excellent car if you can get the brakes and suspension sorted :)

I have probably as many ideas as you do about weight saving, would be good to share ideas :)

Erm, the last one, and to be honest I want to prove the NA can still make a bit of a decent track toy, and try out some various engine options such as cams.

Well I'm going to watch with interest. I'm 70/30 on keeping my white n/a Supra, and would like to do something to make it at least a little competitive at the sprint series (but with minimal outlay) - it sounds like you might have a little more money to play around with though :). I would of course have to keep mine roadworthy, as I'd need to drive to/from events.

:thumbs: Excellent project and I really think will make an excellent car if you can get the brakes and suspension sorted :)

I have probably as many ideas as you do about weight saving, would be good to share ideas :)

hahahaha, the brakes work just fine... just need to get them back off Suprash's car :p

Suspension wise, the bilstein's are fine, I just need to source a decent set of slightly lower springs. Then I'll look at pulling the rear camber a bit to get it bite a bit better.

I dont think that is actually carpet ;) Its one of thos easy "fix-its" of Gavs

You are indeed correct, it is nothing more than a roll of sound deadening carpeting with some spray on adhesive underneath :) But it is coming out as well...

Cost : £25 from halfords