The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can You Identify These Wheels ???

Guest sldxr50

Guest sldxr50

I've been a member and supra owner for nearly a year now, but always silent! First post so here goes, can anyone identify my wheels ??? Were on the car when I bought it and am missing one centre cap (see pics).

Had a few probs in my year of Supe ownership but always found the answer on here (a bit shy so never posted!) i.e. water pump! Stalls nearly every day! Clifford alarm permanently immobilised!!!

Can anyone help ?

sup02.jpg

sup03.jpg

sup04.jpg

Guest sldxr50

If it sheds any more light on the centre of the centre caps I have it has "Eight Super RS" stamped in it and on the inside it has "US 307" like a part number??:sos:

Guest sldxr50

Thanks for suggestions guys & gals, desperately want to find a centre cap so I can sell and get half decent money when the rear tyres give up!

They are only 17's and I fancy going bigger, I was told they may be made by an american company U.S. Wheels but google doesnt help much.

Thanks for all your help

Guest supra virgin 1

Hi, just from a quick look i think you have got a set of SpeedStar RS-8 Watanabe Empi BananaType Super Light5x114 wheels their. Dont ask me what they are off or anything like that. If i was a gambling man i would suggest that they are from either a vw beach buggy or something like a super 7

basically they are a set of lightweight alloys made for kit cars etc

everyhting i have said is from guess work so dont beat me up if im wrong

ta :)

I would have said something like watanabe's, nice looking wheels. For those that dont know Watanabe's are the mini lite style wheels you see on doriftu AE86s and the like. Just whip a wheel off and look on the back of it, the manufacturers name is usually cast on it :)

• 2 months later...

Hi, I also have got these wheels on my MkIV, and found this after searching to work out what they are/worth.

Did you have any luck?

EDIT: I've searched pretty much everywhere and they seem to be slightly different to Watanabe RS-8, due to the centre Caps.

Here's Another Picture.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1880/93supra161ax3.th.jpg

Edited by Brad88 (see edit history)