The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just been in a 1000 horse supra

wilkorangerover

I was in an apparent 1k bhp a few weeks back too but it didnt really feel like

nothin special to me (imo i dont think it was 1000bhp)

theres no supra in this country barely half that power so dont worry whoever said it was 1000bhp its talking total cr*p

theres no supra in this country barely half that power so dont worry whoever said it was 1000bhp its talking total cr*p

Eh...think there's a few with 6-700 and a small number with 700+....and a couple well over 1000bhp.

Paul Whiffins Supra has a turbo 50% larger than that, ran 1.7 bar on a 3.4 stroker and "only" made 890bhp, so if one with a turbo that size is anywhere near 1000bhp it must be running 3bar on some very exotic fuel!

He said he was running 2.4 bar boost and "race fuel" :search:

In Ireland?? .... Pretty sure theres not that many, if any at all

I`m sure there`s at least 2 or 3 up north alone

Indeed a member on here bought a 900hp one lately, video of it at Kirkistown if you look, autotrader.ie has a 500+ one and i`m sure ernies doesn`t hang around either:sly:

In Ireland?? .... Pretty sure theres not that many, if any at all

You gotta remember 1000hp is usually the dyno number at full boost on the race juice, most I know over here sit around 650-750 for everyday driving which is way plenty ;)

I've just spent the day re-doing the Fuel system in a 900 pony supra, and hopefully Dimitri can crack that number by a bit when he's back over :blink: