The mkiv Supra Owners Club

morning :)

Guest mark_ashley

Guest mark_ashley

hi guys im new around here, in the future im looking to be purchsing a new car, something jap with a turbo as i like my japanese cars. immediate choice to be honest was an evo but finding insurance and the running costs seem extremely high, so another option of mine was the supra so just checking things out and having a read to see what i think.

hopefully i will read good things :)

cheers, mark.

Welcome to the club :hi:

I've never owned/run an Evo so I'm not entirely sure on the running costs of them, but I can't see them being much more expensive than a Supra, if at all. Expect 20mpg as a rough average, depending on how you drive too. Good luck in your search and hope you find what you're looking for!

Guest mark_ashley

cheers, i was just about to do a search for mpg :)where abouts in sheff are you rob, im near there. i think i have found what im looking for if i was to go down the supra rout :)

cheers, i was just about to do a search for mpg :)where abouts in sheff are you rob, im near there. i think i have found what im looking for if i was to go down the supra rout :)

Welcome. That didn't take long. :D Hope you do get the Supra bud and good luck. :)

Rapid edit. Forgot to inform you, as you're in the area, don't, DON'T buy anything from KEIGHLEY. Do a search on that and breathe a sigh of relief.

Edited by AndyT (see edit history)

morning matey. I was in the same position as you was 5 months ago. I had the choise between either evo 6, skyline r33 gtr or a supra tt. The way i saw it, the evo - to expensive to run and get serviced. the skyline - way to expensive to insure and the supra tt - perfect ;). Cheapish insurance, fairly good to run, cheap to get serviced and you will prob find the supra is the fastest.

I am biased but I would go with the Supra. I would imagine the other two don't particularly turn heads. The Evo is a family car with a few spoilers on, the Skyline isn't half shoing it's age. Although the Supra is dated I feel that it is more iconic than it's rivals, definite road presence.........:eyebrows:

H.

I am biased but I would go with the Supra. I would imagine the other two don't particularly turn heads. The Evo is a family car with a few spoilers on, the Skyline isn't half shoing it's age. Although the Supra is dated I feel that it is more iconic than it's rivals, definite road presence.........:eyebrows:

H.

:iagree::yeahthat: allo

H.

Hear, hear!

Guest mark_ashley

LOL, CHEERS FOR ALL THE WELCOMES, YOUR BEATING THE MLR ON THAT FRONT ALREADY LOL :) oops caps.

the trouble im having at the min is the insurance and cost of the evo otherwise that would probably be my first choice.

the benifits of the supra include cheaper to insure and the looks are gorgeous, nearly as nice as the sound :) but also because its a toyota it should be a lot more reliable than other choices..

is there a guide on here for service schedules?? what should i be looking for? also out of your experiences what can i look to get mpg wise? im aware its not going to be good :)

looking at getting a manual tt, uk would be nice but due ti the rarity will probably be jap. and anything but silver lol.

ps... im more than aware of keighley but cheers for the heads up.. they have got an infamouse rep lol.

Excellent news. At least we won't be fixing half a dozen problems from the get go then.

If you get a Supra get one of these. Rare as rocking mule do do and the best available.

Linky

Oil change is as per Evo at around 4.5 k miles. The rest I'd have to look up. :)

Edited by AndyT (see edit history)