The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A still good fun?

Guest timthetinyhorse

Guest timthetinyhorse

hi kids,

jut looking for a little advice on my first supra

basicly the only money i have to spend is what i make off my current car (around £4200) i have seen a few auto twin turbos in this price range but there would appear to be far more N/A models about, basicly what i want to know is if the N/A is still a quick fun car?

Cheers in advance

Rob

I've found that whilst following members in their NAs when on meets, they aren't as shambolically slow as some would have you believe. The only thing is, you won't be able to easily (read cheaply) get much more power out of an NA.

The Na's are slow it's just that Juanchan can't drive.......:sly:

I have had my NA for 16 months and love it to bits. There are times when I would like a bit more power but the difference in cost for a TT against the times I want the extra power is too much for me.

It all depends how fast you want to go. If you want to look great and cruise, get an NA. If you want to catch some pigeons then get a TT.

H.

hi kids,

jut looking for a little advice on my first supra

basicly the only money i have to spend is what i make off my current car (around £4200) i have seen a few auto twin turbos in this price range but there would appear to be far more N/A models about, basicly what i want to know is if the N/A is still a quick fun car?

Cheers in advance

Rob

The only thing i will say, if you want to get an n/a, then get a manual one. If you do ever end up trying to race someone, you WILL have more of a shot with a manual.

I remember someone who had an n/a auto and nearly got beaten by a 2.0 clio sport! :blink: :(

A N/A is great fun, and still plenty capable of giving you a scare :D.

They do indeed, i lost the back end once when i least expected it and was new to the Supra! Gave me one hell of a scare lol...:D

I've found that whilst following

members in their NAs when on meets, they aren't as shambolically slow as some would have you believe. The only thing is, you won't be able to easily (read cheaply) get much more power out of an NA.

Yeh you cant tune them that much...only an exhaust system and 2nd decat is all most member's do with an n/a...

If you want any more than that, go and get a TT or a big single Supra...:D ;)

N/a is fun.........but the TT is so much more fun

Oh yes, i wouldnt look back that i now have my TT! Its just like my n/a, but in fast forward! :D:D

The Na's are slow it's just that Juanchan can't drive.......:sly:

I have had my NA for 16 months and love it to bits. There are times when I would like a bit more power but the difference in cost for a TT against the times I want the extra power is too much for me.

It all depends how fast you want to go. If you want to look great and cruise, get an NA. If you want to catch some pigeons then get a TT.

H.

Exactly...i wanted to catch some pigeons and also have all show and all go too! lol...:D :eyebrows:

I’ve had a manual NA then TT and now have a auto NA.

If you want an NA id really recommend buying a manual. Don’t get me wrong the autos are fantastic cars but you can’t utilise all the power like you can with the manual box. Still very nice quick cars (Just not quick compared to the TT).

TT's are awesome but do incur additional running and maintenance costs.

Just so i get a chance to say it AGAIN,I have an N/A, on a recent supra meet i kept up with the TT's on the (Very) twisty roads.Ether they didnt get a chance to boost or knew if they did there back and would pass the front :D Its not what you have but how you drive it, Obviously they would of left me for dead on a straight but i choose to ignore that :D

I have an NA too and like many people use as a daily driver and it has never let me down. And like most posts it has been great fun but I would like something more powerful now

I think this is what happens with all petrolheads / cars -

You get something fast and get used to it. You then want to get something faster. If you ask the guys who have had their TT's for more than a couple of years, most will have started tuning them to get more power. Just look at the garage or classifieds section.

The NA is a good place to start if you've not had a fast / sports car before.

Jas

Guest mattsupra

tbh i wished i had got a tt as i think my n/a is pretty slow and have been thinking of selling it to buy a tt but with fuel prices etc its just out of the question at the mo

i love the looks of the supe but i think im getting fed up already with mine

spent 3 days fitting an ice install and still not finished and thats probably the only reason i have still got it tbh

Guest mattsupra
had my NA for all of 11 months and after around 6 weeks wished I got a TT

im so pleased its not just me who wishes the same lol

Guest timthetinyhorse

ah, there are a few things to think about then, i was thinking that for my first rwd car it may have been more sendible to get a NA over the tt to prevet daft things happening, will just have to see what i find