The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greddy FCD Pain in the ***

dibbleyuk

Hello guys,

did anyone have any problems fitting this unit?

Ive used a multimeter and set it as stated on MKIV site but it wont run properly as soon as i rev it the engine cuts out if I set it to the highest setting which is 4.55v it will start and run but over fuels loads it fills the garage with smoke pretty quickly. When the unit is removed the car runs fine. not sure what to do im completely stuck! its the last thing left for the NA-TT project.

Some advice would be great thanks :)

Edited by dibbleyuk (see edit history)

What voltage have you set it on mate?

Also, you need to ensure that you find a good ground as that can often cause problems.

You probably tuned it to 4.3 or 4.1v (model dependent) using a standalone battery which has a 100% ground connection.

EDIT: Which contact point are you using for grounding the unit mate?

Edited by SupraAyf (see edit history)

There is an earth wire already bolted to the car behind the carpet so i was using that. i set the volts to 4.19v the only time it will run is when its set the 4.55v otherwise it will start and as soon as i rev it, it cuts out.

Do i need to tune it when the engine is running or with just the igniton on

thanks for replying mate :)

The unit is clearly working as you are able to adjust the voltage output. The normal operating voltages are 4.1v and 4.3v for operating a Greddy BCC for the Supe (4.3 being the pre-facelift).

The problem sounds as if it’s something to do with the connections. Ensure ALL wires are satisfactorily connected (not just twisted together) and ensure the -ve ground wire has a better connection than the point you have been using so far. The body is not always the best ground connection for such a vital bit of kit as a BCC.

Try connecting the neg wire in to a current system neg wire or even better: connect the wire through the fire wall and in to the negative terminal of the battery.