The mkiv Supra Owners Club

front bumper advice please

FuR

hi all

im after a new front bumper but it needs to go over speed bumps

i really wanted the do-luck front, is there a chance this would go over speed bumps? if not what other fronts would you suggest that will go over speed bumps

my car is a 97 jspec tt and has the standard front at the mo which goes over speed bumps no probs, just i really like the do luck!

Hi

first of all, does your car ride on OEM springs and dampers or not?

If your car is dropped and you put a Do-Luck front on it, chances are that you won't pass all possible speed bumps without scratching.

My car runs on Bilstein dampers and Eibach springs which lower the car by approx 30mm. I have a Veilside C1 front bumper on it now (Top Secret one is ordered :-) )and it runs approx 6-7 cm above the ground, which is not much but OK for most roads. However, there are some speed bumpers I cannot pass.

i have a do-luck front on 19's lowered 35-40 and struggle over medium/large speedhumps all multi storys and my own drive.

look the dogs though:)

I have a Bomex which sits on oem suspension and 19" wheels. It has no problem with clearance usually and even if it doe, just creep over the bumps. It may be up for sale soon;)

what r u going for hoff?

i have tein pro street suspension and springs on 19's so it is abit lower than stock

so sounds like do luck is out of the window :-(

whats the next best thing do you think that WILL go over? Bomex?

i have tein pro street suspension and springs on 19's so it is abit lower than stock

so sounds like do luck is out of the window :-(

whats the next best thing do you think that WILL go over? Bomex?

As I said mine is a practicle height on stock suspension. But lowered it may be a bit dicey at times. I think most will scrape at some point. Just take it easy over the speed bumps and on slopes:) Most scraping will be undernieth and out of view anyway:)

Up until last weekend I was yet to encounter a speed bump I couldnt go over. Until I went to some random pub where they had put some kind of everest like thing in.....I didnt even try. 15mm down on 18's, I like to be able to drive my car ;)

I think, whatever aftermarked front bumper you go for, speed bumpers will always give you some kind of a headache.

aye i guess so, wish i didnt like the do luck so much though :-( ive not seen anything i like more thats higher

Up until last weekend I was yet to encounter a speed bump I couldnt go over. Until I went to some random pub where they had put some kind of everest like thing in.....I didnt even try. 15mm down on 18's, I like to be able to drive my car ;)

The above, eminently sensible arrangement, should suit perfectly FuR. Worth going for imo. The Do-Luck is one of the nicest fronts around. :)

The above, eminently sensible arrangement, should suit perfectly FuR. Worth going for imo. The Do-Luck is one of the nicest fronts around. :)

well i have tein pro street suspension, which is adjustable and 19" wheels, what do you think ill need to do to get away with the do-luck? raise it abit at the springs?

Oh and what is the best palce to get an original do-luck front? the do-luck.co.uk site?