The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Selling my Supra, SCAM?

AlexJames

Hey guys,

I just received this from a guy wanting to buy my supra... He sent me this email below and I dont really understand what he is getting at... this some kinda scam? :search::blink:

--------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 09:09:44 +0000

Subject: PAYMENT..................

To: [email protected]

Thanks Alex, for getting back to me.....its so good to hear that the car is still available as i would love to have this. Actually we just moved to scotland some few months ago for job reasons, its really beautiful here tho.....also i travell alot in my line of business and dont think i will be able to come over to view or test drive the car.....im acting on your words on a basis of "mutual trust" thats why i will be proceeding to make payment for it..Payment is going to be through a company cheque that will be made out in your NAME and sent to your address immediately.

The issue here is that the amount is a bit higher than that of your car being that its a payment due to me for service rendered sometime ago....so the difference will be sent to me or my shipping agent as soon as you have cheque cleared in your account so that he can come over to your place with some of his associate for the pick up. Im so sorry it has to be this way as i wouldnt want to miss this great opportunity to buy your car.The total amount that is going to be sent to you is (£7,500), while you remove (£4,000) for your car and have the rest balance of (£2,500) sent to him or myself after you must have had cheque cleared in your account....this normally takes 3-4working days for it to be properly cleared so i will be waiting for that. For this reason, i will like you to send me your full details ....that is:

Name:

Address:

Mobile Phone #

Home #

so that the payment can be made out and sent to you immediately......you should have it at your door step by mid week unfailily,as i wouldnt want to miss this great buy.I will be waiting to read from you asap

Have a good day!.........Joe.

-------------------------------------------------

THey send too much money and you send the change back?

Oldest scam evar!!!!!111!!!one!

They cancel it even though you think it's cleared, or the money comes via a fake clearing house, you're £xk down and the thing you're selling.

The UK banking system accept the cheque and it ostensibly clears. When the bank find the transaction is fraudulent they then recover the full amount from your account (yes, it's legal). You, meanwhile have given some Nigerian the £2500. If you find it hard to believe ask him to pay by cash and you won't here from him again

The UK banking system accept the cheque and it ostensibly clears. When the bank find the transaction is fraudulent they then recover the full amount from your account (yes, it's legal). You, meanwhile have given some Nigerian the £2500. If you find it hard to believe ask him to pay by cash and you won't here from him again

Cheers :) I shant go near it with the car or cash :)

Hey guys,

I just received this from a guy wanting to buy my supra... He sent me this email below and I dont really understand what he is getting at... this some kinda scam? :search::blink:

--------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 09:09:44 +0000

Subject: PAYMENT..................

To: [email protected]

Thanks Alex, for getting back to me.....its so good to hear that the car is still available as i would love to have this. Actually we just moved to scotland some few months ago for job reasons, its really beautiful here tho.....also i travell alot in my line of business and dont think i will be able to come over to view or test drive the car.....im acting on your words on a basis of "mutual trust" thats why i will be proceeding to make payment for it..Payment is going to be through a company cheque that will be made out in your NAME and sent to your address immediately.

The issue here is that the amount is a bit higher than that of your car being that its a payment due to me for service rendered sometime ago....so the difference will be sent to me or my shipping agent as soon as you have cheque cleared in your account so that he can come over to your place with some of his associate for the pick up. Im so sorry it has to be this way as i wouldnt want to miss this great opportunity to buy your car.The total amount that is going to be sent to you is (£7,500), while you remove (£4,000) for your car and have the rest balance of (£2,500) sent to him or myself after you must have had cheque cleared in your account....this normally takes 3-4working days for it to be properly cleared so i will be waiting for that. For this reason, i will like you to send me your full details ....that is:

Name:

Address:

Mobile Phone #

Home #

so that the payment can be made out and sent to you immediately......you should have it at your door step by mid week unfailily,as i wouldnt want to miss this great buy.I will be waiting to read from you asap

Have a good day!.........Joe.

-------------------------------------------------

:thumbdown: :no:

i have never taken any thing other than xash for selling a car! u get guys sayin they wil send payment cuz they live over seas cuz they really want it! well if any one really wants a car that much they can get there rears to a bank and get the cash!

i have never taken any thing other than xash for selling a car! u get guys sayin they wil send payment cuz they live over seas cuz they really want it! well if any one really wants a car that much they can get there rears to a bank and get the cash!

Can you please start to type properly. You know we dont like txt spk on the forum so please can you stop using 'u' and 'cuz', it makes reading your posts way harder than it should be.

JB