The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Key is stuck in ignition!! Please help

iain2010

Hey Guys!

Just got my car back from the garage! Full service and new starter motor but now the key wont come out of the ignition. It will turn only as far as the point that lets you pull it out but no further! :( Can anyone help?

Cheers

yeah put it in park:p

edit ok your manual

Happened to me when I first stripped my dash, never had an auto before and had no idea it did that! I was pulling and twisting and giving it a good old yank, was lucky not to snap the key off...

Sand, grit, worn lock, anything would have done, but to come clean about it? A gentleman is amongst our midst! I salute you sir!

:rlol: Or is it just stupidity!?!? :D I was going to make up an excuse but i knew id get found out!! lol Oh well it makes me feel better knowing im not the only one thats done it ......... just the only one stupid enough to panic so much i asked the question!!!! :(

Edited by iain2010 (see edit history)