The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbies by the gallon

Ace

Sooner or later, you'll all get bored of welcoming newcomers - hopefully I'm not the one that tips the balance :innocent:

Right, I suppose I should give a little informal introduction, so here goes: my name is Lee, I'm 26, living just outside Dartford in Kent.

I previously owned a Mitsubishi GTO TT (shh!) for two years; although I realise that could be a red rag to a bull on a Supra forum, it did really give me the taste for "rice rockets". Hence dipping my toe into the pool of Supras. My next purchase will be a nice, sleek, black TT Supra (anyone remember the motor that "Wayney" had? awesome...), just need to find the right one. Will spend a few months trawling through the forum - Supras are apparently an investment, and not just a purchase, so it needs to be done right first time.

Look me up if, like me, you're into darts (unlikely), Jimmy Carr (probably) or Arsenal (sorry)... Facebook adds would also be greatly appreciated, if anyone still uses it.

All very welcoming, just as I'd hoped :D

I will get some pictures of the GTO (the Batmobile, as it was affectionately tagged by a few pals) uploaded as soon as possible, and at the same time I'll get an avatar and a proper signature sorted for my posts - still busy checking out everybody else's motors so far and thinking "one day"...

Trig, as you're only up the road, you may well recognise the GTO as I used to float around Dartford, Bexleyheath, Crayford in it.

Although the GTO did cost me 15k in the space of two years (running costs and repairs, it spent more time off the road than on), so I did the decent thing: decided to look for an even more desirable Japanese car. As you do...

Supes are the way forward! I've lways had a soft spot for them, but never been able to afford ownership of one! Hopefully that'll change in around 18 months! Just need another no claims to bring insurance prices down, need to save up for one, and most importantly... need to finish uni and get a job to fund the bugger! :p

There's no that many out there at the moment, but I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find the right one :)

And still people keep on coming... :D

I am awaiting my membership fee to fly out of my account and into the pockets of the club, then I'll make the profile something worth looking at.

I saw Jimmy Carr live at Dartford on Wednesday, he is still pulling in the crowds by the bucketload. Appears slightly smaller than he does on TV/DVD, but then again that might have something to do with the fact that I was in the back row of the upper circle.

Something to do with perspective, apparently...:p

And still people keep on coming... :D

I am awaiting my membership fee to fly out of my account and into the pockets of the club, then I'll make the profile something worth looking at.

I saw Jimmy Carr live at Dartford on Wednesday, he is still pulling in the crowds by the bucketload. Appears slightly smaller than he does on TV/DVD, but then again that might have something to do with the fact that I was in the back row of the upper circle.

Something to do with perspective, apparently...:p

hi mate, welcome to the club :D

i live in charlton so not that far from you either. went to see Jimmy car last year i think, in dartford, sat right at the back of the upper circle too. let me guess, almost dead centre? he's great, really funny guy!!

anyway good luck with the hunt and all :)