The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelifting UK lights, who can do it now?

Kopite

Seems as though GZAerojon might not be doing any lights any time soon :( Can anyone else on here offer a first class job on them like Jon did? I know how to open them up and they just need painting so could do it myself but dunno how well it'd come out! So want a professional job doing, anyone up for it? :)

Just waiting to see what they are like in the rain with respect to leaking tho.

That's the bit i'm worried about :D Getting them open and painting is the easy bit, must be an art to sealing s a few people say they get leaks after :(

Reheat them when putting them back together if you've got any leftover seal in there. I made sure that the new black sealant I put in there was squeezed in as far back as possible, ensuring there's no air behind it before pushing the lens back on.

Prep of the chrome insert well before painting to avoid peeling - and make sure you clean any fingerprints off the inside of the lens before you press it on. The hardest part of refurbing lights is polishing the plastic lenses - but as they're glass, you only need to do half the job.

well - mine leaked before I did the refurb so I'll be no worse off if they leak again! lol

Fingerprints - yeh - tell me about it - pulled one of mine apart a couple of times because I saw some dirty great mark on the inside :(

well - mine leaked before I did the refurb so I'll be no worse off if they leak again! lol

Fingerprints - yeh - tell me about it - pulled one of mine apart a couple of times because I saw some dirty great mark on the inside :(

:lol: yeah that's what i don't want happening, must remember to wear gloves :D