The mkiv Supra Owners Club

polish

hulse

Varies on colour really mate.

I'm currently using Clearkote Vanilla Hand Glaze and Victoria Concours wax but that's on a silver car.

Autoglym or Meguiars are good for 'off the shelf' products.

As above though detailing world is the font for this sort of thing.

I always use, Autoglym Super resin poilsh, with a coat of their High Definition Wax on top. That gives an amazing shine and replels water and dirt like I have never seen. Just ask Henk. He bought a tub of the HD Wax at JTS.

I always use, Autoglym Super resin poilsh, with a coat of their High Definition Wax on top. That gives an amazing shine and replels water and dirt like I have never seen. Just ask Henk. He bought a tub of the HD Wax at JTS.

This wouldn't have anything to do with your car being one of autoglym's demo cars would it :D

SRP (Super Resin Polish) is a bit of a filler, IE it just fills light swirls when washed a few times they soon come back

You want a decent polish, then perhaps a sealant of some type then a few coats of a decent wax, i can recommend Zymol carbon for the wax, about 50 sheets so not too pricey for a decent ish wax

Detailingworld is the place you need to look

nice looking car gaz, and i have to second a vote for autoglym, i think their products are great

Cheers mate. Their products always do the job for me although I've now started using Meguiars tech wax because I like the smell :)

I'm no expert though, I bought my car to drive rather than rub.

He's talking about the Extra Gloss :D

EGP is a superior top coating synthetic wax made of a blend of resins, waxes and oils. It contains no abrasives or polishing compounds and so can safely be used on blemish free new paintwork without fear of adding swirl marks and micro scratches. So it's superb for brand new cars. It's clear, will not stain black plastics or leave chalky residue around badges, stickers and anti-stone chip coatings.

Sounds even less like a polish now :D

Sounds like a wax to me.

sorry, i was talking about an actual wax (with carnuba, white, yellow, and various other waxes)

Not a mix of every synthetic chemical under the sun

Most people in the "know" as such would consider the cheaper autoglm SRP,EGP etc as sealents rather than a "true wax"

sorry, i was talking about an actual wax (with carnuba, white, yellow, and various other waxes)

Not a mix of every synthetic chemical under the sun

Most people in the "know" as such would consider the cheaper autoglm SRP,EGP etc as sealents rather than a "true wax"

Fair enough, as I said I'm not expert. I shudder at paying more than £20 for a product to clean my car with unless someone else is doing the hard work for me. I'm far to heavy handed. The point I was trying to make was the OP asked what is a good polish and the 2 suggested products aren't polishes.

i personally like the blond haired polish, around 5'10, slim build, bit sporty but thats just me :D

my dad gets me some stuff from his work frm the valeters, no idea what it is but it really brings the car up loverly! :)