The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What does your dash look like?

Spike3.0

Im getting my Supra really soon and i hate the standard black finish to the dash.

Im planning on painting it either silver or getting a carbon real fibre dash kit.

If anyones got any ideas, or even better any cool dash photos please post them for me.

Thankyou please

9375_4.JPG

My dash is identical to fluky Lukey's except the carbon fibre travels right to the end on my dash...:)

I am toying with the idea to maybe get a white dash though...

Where did you get your kit?

Ive seen a few on ebay but im worried about them peeling off in 5 mins

TBH I've always preferred a pretty OEM looking dash - tidy without gauges everywhere, or bright colours/CF finishes to them (no offence to anyone who has one)

A FEW bits of chrome here and there, and some NECESSARY dials/gizmo's out of the way (in a DIN slot or something) is enough for me.

My interior makeover is nearly complete - I'll have a thread and many pics when I'm done :)

TBH I've always preferred a pretty OEM looking dash - tidy without gauges everywhere, or bright colours/CF finishes to them (no offence to anyone who has one)

Got to agree with you here. No tat, a quailty matt finish and if required some not-too-flash gauges (defi are great for the hide-away look).

I.e the "less is more" look

A FEW bits of chrome here and there, and some NECESSARY dials/gizmo's out of the way (in a DIN slot or something) is enough for me.

My interior makeover is nearly complete - I'll have a thread and many pics when I'm done :)

Got to agree with you here. No tat, a quailty matt finish and if required some not-too-flash gauges (defi are great for the hide-away look).

Yeh i agree too, my dash has a bit of style and colour to it instead of that horrible dull plastic. It just brings the interior out that little bit more lol...:)

Yeh - I actually swapped over some of my dash panels for OEM panels in better condition, as I think the rubberised finish, when in good condition, looks quite good and is hard wearing with no glare/reflection etc. :)

Yeh - I actually swapped over some of my dash panels for OEM panels in better condition, as I think the rubberised finish, when in good condition, looks quite good and is hard wearing with no glare/reflection etc. :)

Dont you think though that the OEM dash looks a bit dull and too plastic??

Agreed, tried to keep mine standard looking apart from the necessary gauges, even went through the trouble of making adapter rings to sink the gauges in flush with the dash and put the EBC in the ashtray.

Edited by bromy (see edit history)

Dont you think though that the OEM dash looks a bit dull and too plastic??

No. Put it this way - how many brand new cars do you see with coloured dash panels???? They are almost all grey/black in colour, and I think the only material used is plastic, with exception of a few trim bits.

Agreed - old warn out dash panels can look poo - they are 14/15yrs old now - but newer or brand new ones look great :)

Guest willismaximus

Well, i have to say my Supra's completely as nature (Or is that Toyota) intended inside and out at the minute apart from the wheels (I did only buy it on Saturday so i'm sure this au naturale status will change very soon) but i was planning on doing a few of the interior bits white with a couple of lashing's of chrome round the speedo etc, don't want to go too mad though, i know what you guys mean about the excessive dials all over the place, they're ok, they're just not my cup of tea personally, same as a white interior won't be to others i guess.

Want to experiment with a matt finish white and see what it looks like before going for the typical gloss finish that a lot of painted interiors have.... if i don't like either then i may opt for a bit of white leather instead (My wallet may try to argue with me on this one though)

Back on topic now - lol - You don't have to paint it - how about retrimming it in a decent alacantara or something? I've seen a thread or two about this approach recently - I'm sure someone is retrimming their dash with some of their old curtains or something?? (sounds dodgy but it actually looked quite good)

Guest willismaximus

Hulse has had his done in black alacantra and that looks quite nice and then got a few stainless steel dials etc which sets it all off nicely.

Can you get Alacantra in white? i've never seen it before, seen other colours so i'm assuming it's out there somewhere just nobody likes it enough to use it lol

Guest willismaximus
I can supply these if needed.

What sort of price would i be looking at mate and what are the delivery times like?