The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auction's

Supra-love

My mate is looking to get a Manual TT supra from southampton Action,

But he dont know where the hell it is so i were wondering if anyone here knows the address/website and details.

And also if its safe doing this..

If it is i might also consider it myself as a project..

But he dont know where the hell it is so i were wondering if anyone here knows the address/website and details.

Southampton auctions get some real dogs, the dregs of what's left after everyone has got all the good ones from the jap auctions.

I'd advise him to speak to Jurgen on here to source one from Japan.

Yes jurgen is a good idea just he hasn't got an amazing amont to spend tbh.

£5000- He also would have a auto.

But has to be a TT with FSH ofc and low miles as most are anyway.

Thats why he's thinking of auctions to get a better deal maybe..

Yes jurgen is a good idea just he hasn't got an amazing amont to spend tbh.

£5000- He also would have a auto.

But has to be a TT with FSH ofc and low miles as most are anyway.

Thats why he's thinking of auctions to get a better deal maybe..

You'll struggle to find one with FSH from the auctions in Southampton. Also, it doesn't matter if it's done 40000 if it's had the ass ragged out of it for the whole lot.

Better off buying one of the TTs for sale in the UK for that budget but I'd still speak to Jurgen. If he spends that little bit more he might be able to get a decent, reliable car instead of one that needs a lot of cash spent on it. This is especially true when buying cars that are modified.

Southampton import auction

A1 Car Auctions Ltd, West Bay Road Dock Gate 10, Western Docks, Southampton, Hampshire, SO15 1HE 023 80839009. Holds an auction for Japanese imports every Tuesday at 12.00pm midday. They have a 3 acre site with tons of Jap imports including 4×4’s, performance cars and people carriers or

EDIT: this is quoted from another site ;)

Yes i aggree with you both,but his absolute maximum he can loan is 6k.

And a reliable TT is always needed as their a specialized bit of kit,

Bog standard would be better or from a enthusiast like you say,

Ragged cars is obviously a no-no.

check the classified on here at least you know its been cared for that way!

example!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=151288

I always wonder about the sence in 'just' affording a car like a Supra, you will no doubt end up buying a car that is not 100% if entering the market at the low end, then you have the running costs and mantenance costs which are not cheap

On the car for 6K though, with the above into consideration you will find a nice auto TT for this money and even a 6speed if you look/wait long enough

You're unlikely to get full service history for an import car, and even if it did have it, how would you know it's genuine, and what good would it be? Does he speak Japanese?

If he's struggling that much to get the money together to buy a decent TT in the first place I would suggest that a TT is not for him. What about insurance, servicing costs, money for any repairs etc.

is this mate you?

do you have a supe? :taped:

There are two main auction houses at Southampton:

1st: A1 at Dock Gate-10. This has already been mentioned below. These guys actually buy their stock so expect to pay approx 15% more at this auction than at this one:

2nd: Motorway Car Auctions at Dock Gate 4. I used to visit these guys all of the time last year.

Both auctions occur at the same time on Tuesday (well, A1 starts at mid-day and Motorway at 11).

Most punters go to Motorway if they have any sense as the other one is bloody expensive, however, non-trade guys can buy from A1 but this does not apply to Motorway where you need proof of you being a member/affiliated with the trade.

Costs will work out at the hammer price plus 250 quid extra for your first purchase (auction house fees). All purchases thereafter from Motorway is 150 quid per car.

The guys are right though - there are some right dogs BUT there are also some good decent cars.

You will find that a Manual TT will NOT go for a price below 6K so you should budget to have 7.5k in your pocket to secure a sale.

Do not go to the auction house (especially Motorway) in the hope of a Supra for cheap money as it ain't going to happen. The Auto TT's will fetch more than 6k in this weather as all the punters will make their way to the auctions as this is the time of year to make money.

People may say these cars are all crap but it’s not the case mate. You can get a private import (Grade 4+) and it could still go tits up when you receive it. The secret is knowing what to look for in the first place;)

Cheer's mate

;)

I would pop down one Tuesday and grab a breakfast butty and just watch the cars.

It is essential (IMO:innocent:) that you get experience of an auction before bidding as I have seen a few people get carried away.

Get there for 9 (@ Motorway) and just enjoy the atmosphere for the first one:cool: Anyone can go to watch

;)

I would pop down one Tuesday and grab a breakfast butty and just watch the cars.

It is essential (IMO:innocent:) that you get experience of an auction before bidding as I have seen a few people get carried away.

Get there for 9 (@ Motorway) and just enjoy the atmosphere for the first one:cool: Anyone can go to watch

Ok sound's great mate do you have website or address for that one? also you said he has to be a trader so if he took a trader with him would that count, and yes look see how it works then go another time is a great idea. thanks buddy.