The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dash board red light !!!

Guest boltadave

Guest boltadave

Hi Guys,

A little help needed please, Just bought a n/turbo mk iv and its lush, except when driving at night I get a red light on, its a picture of an engine and an exclaimation mark lights up in the clock cluster, this does't seem to happen in daytime driving, Has anyone any idea's as I am not sure if I should drive or not.

PLEASE HELP. Am waiting for a manual to arrive.

This means the ECU has logged a fault/error. Many of the faults are not costly to fix, but the sensible advice would be to get the fault code (you'll need a paperclip and 3 mins of your time) and post it back up here.

I suspect the night-time thing could just be a coincidence, but post the fault code(s) up and we'll know more.

See here for getting the fault code(s): http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=35920

Edited by stevie_b (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

sorry to dig a post up from the depths guys, just wondering if anyone else could think of anything else for this as I have the same prob. the lights I have coming up on the dash are a red triangle in the centre dial and on the right hand dial [ fuel guage pod ] there is a small red circle with an i in it. incidentally these are the two lights that come on when the handbrake is on, I thought maybe a loose handbrake sensor or possibly loose handbrake cable?? Im gonna go check the level on brake fluid today tho and see if it could be that!

Any other ideas? :search:

First, I'd check to make sure your engine warning light is working: it's the orange picture of the engine on the right-hand side "eyebrow" cluster. Just make sure it comes on when the iginition is at the 2nd position. If there's a problem that the ECU has registered, this light will help you find it. If this bulb works fine but doesn't come on (as you've described), then it does sound like a faulty handbrake sensor (assuming one exists).