The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Twin Turbi Supra Is Finally Finished!!! What Do You Think???

adnanshah247

Ok when i started off i knew that the car was guna cost a lot and im only a 21 year old student but busted my fingers till they bled. i remember nights were i worked 13 hours shifts saving up money to get ma dream supra and build it up. finally my friends my supra is done and out the garage. if it wasnt for this forum or the help that everyone offered i would have been so stuck. especially when i was putting the new engine in i didnt know my ass to my elbow. i would like to say that all the members on this forum deserve the best and that i seriously appreciate all the help and advice i got! today after 5 years of dreaming the car is here and looks exactly like i imagined it. You guys made my dream come true!!! thanks a million.

To hell with petrol prices, high tax and insurance that would make you cry!!! after owning a supra i have learnt that non of it matters!

Do let me know what you think of the car!!!!!

1.jpg

31052008074.jpg

31052008081.jpg

31052008087.jpg

31052008078.jpg

31052008073.jpg

31052008085.jpg

31052008076.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it looks quite nice, but I don't see the point of the doors, other than entertainment value for knocking people out who look at the car. I'm quite impressed the rubbish in the door doesn't fall out though :)

Does the intercooler do anything? It looks like the air would just pass underneath it.

By the way, the colour isn't Lotus Deep Purple is it?

thanks, well i be honest the lambo doors wasnt planned but they just kinda ended up going on. there a bloody head ache as the doors on a supra or any jap car are not light so they wobble a tiny bit coz of the weight. i see what other people say as well and if they dnt look good ill happily takem em off and put the original hinges on.

sorry dnt have any with the doors closed but ill have em soon.

ow by the way it was silver before, i re-sprayed it to mid-night purple! always loved that colour.

as for the crap in the door, trust me it stays there funnilly!!!!

i noticed the intercooler is pretty high up as well but thats how i mounted it with my previous bumper, this new bumpers more open lower down so i guess ill have to push down a bit, other than that the intercooler functions hard and proper!!! i havent lost any preformance.

thanks, well i be honest the lambo doors wasnt planned but they just kinda ended up going on. there a bloody head ache as the doors on a supra or any jap car are not light so they wobble a tiny bit coz of the weight. i see what other people say as well and if they dnt look good ill happily takem em off and put the original hinges on.

sorry dnt have any with the doors closed but ill have em soon.

Don't do it for anyone else mate. Do it for yourself. I can tell you right now that there are very few people that will like them. I think they are OK from time to time but i would only have the ones that can be used as normal doors as well.

Your car is for you, do whatever makes you happy regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Looks nice, not a lover of the doors though. Got any with the doors closed?

Was it sprayed?

Seeing as they didnt come in that colour yes id say it was sprayed ;) i dont really like the doors either or the way theres a big gap between the bumper and fmic, but other than that she looks damn good!!

Seeing as they didnt come in that colour yes id say it was sprayed ;) i dont really like the doors either or the way theres a big gap between the bumper and fmic, but other than that she looks damn good!!

Looks black on my laptop, didn't realise it was purple until it was mentioned.

yes with my personal lil adjustments. moulded the entire kit into one huge piece on the car. honestly it looked crap with just the kit on it without flushing it into the body. the kit looked as if it was stuck on with pritt-stick and proper looked tacky!!!!

That's the main idea about JDL kit - it have to be moulded and smoothed ;)

The body styling is horrible, especially the lambo doors. The wheels are okay as are your colour choice.

It's an average effort overall, poor choice in styling, good choice in engine and box.

5/10 :) No offence meant, just my opinion fella

bit harsh dont you think homer??? i wouldnt say the body styling is horrible, and honestly after spending the time and money the way i did it stings. ow well your opinion is your opinion and thanks for the response.

Just my opinion mate (you posted on a supra forum and asked for our thoughts on it). Don't expect everyone to kiss your ass because you stuck some fibreglass to a Supra.

I don't like quite a lot of the aftermarket tat people glue to their cars so your effort isn't alone in criticism. I just don't like a couple of the chavtastic mods, simple as that really. I'm sure you can live with it ;) :D

dude damn i did say thanks for your response, lol i dont mean to piss you off or anything but yh your like my brother, he hates body kits lol. anyways thanks peace

Sounds like it, body mods = waste of money in my opinion. Especially after getting the bill for the first prang ;) Performance cars need money spending on their brakes, suspension and engine, forget the body stuff, it's wasted cash IMO :D