The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm done.

Ian C

Hello all.

I'll keep this as short as I can - I've not been on here much lately. Other non-car interests in my life have been monopolising my time over the last two years and when I thought it was all finished, apparently it isn't for probably another year or so. Which is great for me but not great for life going back to normal :)

I am a one-project-at-a-time 100% focus sort of person. So with this going on, I'm kind of phoning in being a mod, and I feel like I'm letting the side down and just living off past glories. Not logging in for 4, 5, or more days isn't exactly doing the job and if I'm honest I've reached my capacity of talking about BOVs and which intercooler to get.

I enjoyed getting my car to where it is, but it is finished and has been for a while. I've had that WI system for a year now and it is still in the box - I still plan to fit it and I'll let people know what I find out if/when I do, but I think it is highly indicative that it remains firmly outside the engine bay still, even after 12 months.

I love my Supra, and I'm certainly not selling it or leaving the club, but I need to push myself in what I do in my life and the car thing as far as I'm concerned now is "done". It's fast enough and I'm just maintaining it and enjoying it. As a result I'm on so little now that I can't in good faith remain as tech moderator, so I'm standing down as of whenever JB pulls all my mod privileges.

I've met fantastic people on here (and some cunts) and I always got a warm fuzzy feeling when I helped someone get their car working right, as I clearly remember how bad it feels when the damn thing just doesn't work. Thanks all for the support and shenanigans over the years and I'll see you when I'm sporadically online :)

-Ian

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A sad day,:( Thanks for all your input into the club. Whenever I search tec for answers, I ALWAYS come across constructive posts by you. Over 10,000 posts and very little chat included.

Good luck with whatever it is that is taking up all your time. Hope to see you back in here when you have more time. :thumbs:

Appreciate the time you have taken on this forum, especially with the FAQ's etc. You have a wealth of knowledge, that i will continue to leech off of lol, but you also come across as a really nice helpful guy so i hope you do find the time every now and again to come on and help with IC selection and BOV problems :)

I am a one-project-at-a-time 100% focus sort of person. So with this going on, I'm kind of phoning in being a mod, and I feel like I'm letting the side down and just living off past glories. Not logging in for 4, 5, or more days isn't exactly doing the job and if I'm honest I've reached my capacity of talking about BOVs and which intercooler to get.

Can you not be like that elusive Mod Rob Oldham, that you never see? Still doing a great job in tech allbeit on a part time basis. Turn off your PM's. At least try to stay!!!!!

I am only pleading as I do not want to read Tdr's tech posts. ;) (Sorry Brian, j/k :p)

I wish you all the best Ian and thank you too for assistance over the years :)

Glad to see you are keeping the Supra and we expect you to still visit ;)

Take it easy :)

Matt

I've met fantastic people on here (and some cunts)
:rlol: They'll still be here when you pop back mate :D

Ian (technical) nothing can be said. Met you in life and you are a nice guy.

Via forum we have issues!! ;)

Sorry to see you leave Moderator Role, technically there are not many as good (honesty)

Good luck in what ever you take on :taped::D

I am only pleading as I do not want to read Tdr's tech posts. ;) (Sorry Brian, j/k :p)

Bah... I can be reasonably helpful, on occassion! :p

As per mods discussion Ian - all the best! Sounds like you've really got something else to get your teeth into whilst enjoying it :thumbs:

Cheers,

Brian.